Plastic Cone Bottom fermentors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Cone Bottom fermentors

Seems most of the post and site links that everyone points to for plastic info are not working.

I'm planning on using some 100 gal plastics to get started in my 2bbl taproom. I'm looking at install SS coils and a make shift AC unit glycol system for the fermenters. Could use some current info on what you're using and where you purchase it from.

The cone shaped containers are pretty easy to find. Any to stay away from? Any out preform all others?

Have you added any special custom options?

Any and all info appreciated

Thank you
    Jay

Guess everyone is busy working instead of playing on the web. Which is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Newbie View Post
      Guess everyone is busy working instead of playing on the web. Which is a good thing.
      This is really late but im using just what your talking about till our new uni tanks arrive... 110gallon ace rotomold conicals with 50ft stainless cooling coils from stainlessbrewing.com and gutter heat strip wrapped around the outside of the tank for heating. they work well but dont seal very well at all so we get the beer transferred to one of our stainless brite tanks asap. also keep in mind the plastic its self is oxygen permeable so..

you want the "full drain models and there is even a better model than what we purchased out there that would seal better but they were too tall or wide for our space.

Comment

Originally posted by augiedoggy View Post
        This is really late but im using just what your talking about till our new uni tanks arrive... 110gallon ace rotomold conicals with 50ft stainless cooling coils from stainlessbrewing.com and gutter heat strip wrapped around the outside of the tank for heating. they work well but dont seal very well at all so we get the beer transferred to one of our stainless brite tanks asap. also keep in mind the plastic its self is oxygen permeable so..

you want the "full drain models and there is even a better model than what we purchased out there that would seal better but they were too tall or wide for our space.
        Thx for the reply.
        I went full jacket SS. One and done

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Newbie View Post
          Thx for the reply.
          I went full jacket SS. One and done
          yeah, our dual zone jacket ss unitanks are expected to arrive in about 2 weeks. I cannot wait till everything is approved and in place to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by augiedoggy View Post
            yeah, our dual zone jacket ss unitanks are expected to arrive in about 2 weeks. I cannot wait till everything is approved and in place to use them.
            Got an offer on some cheap single wall ferms for pilot system. If i recall you did it get the plastic conicals to cool with the. Lue hose. But it would work on stainless you think? 1 bbl size?

Comment

Originally posted by brain medicine View Post
              Got an offer on some cheap single wall ferms for pilot system. If i recall you did it get the plastic conicals to cool with the. Lue hose. But it would work on stainless you think? 1 bbl size?
              blue hose did not work well at all with plastic (had to use 50ft coils in the lids)... it does work amazingly well though on a single walled stainless conical, so well in fact I was able to get frost on the inside of the conical wall when testing.. I used this setup at home with my 3 stainless homebrewing conicals for years. I would consider it over coils if you have the option.

Comment

Working...
              X