Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Tibe Filler with pre-evac - residual beer in tube

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded my long tube counter pressure filler with a vacuum pump.
    Everything seems to run like it should but there is one thing I'm not sure about. The beer tube (which I extend a bit with a silicon hose, so it reaches almost to the bottom of the bottle) always has beer in it from the fill before. When I put in the next bottle and start the filling process, the first step is the vacuum pump sucking out the air from the bottle through the top of the fill head, where also co2 bleeds off while filling. That causes the residual beer in the tube (and silicon hose) to be sucked out into the bottle which forms a small foamy beer puddle at the bottom. I guess that this puddle could contain O2, since the evacuation process looks pretty...violent. Then after double pre-evac and pressurizing the beer is put on top of that foamy puddle, of course. Not sure, if this good...

Unfortunately the evacuation and co2 purge takes place at the top of the fill head, not at the tube, so I can not blow the excess beer out prior to filling the next bottle.

And I don't have an oxygen meter. So I wanted to ask, if this is uncritical or if I should make sure the tube is free of beer, somehow. No idea how, at the moment.

I attached some pictures of the filler. Don't have anything while running since I just used it once with pre-evac.
    Any help is much appreciated!!

Best
    Felix

I'm from Germany, so English's not my native language. Sorry if I didn't get everything right.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FelixGER; 11-19-2019, 04:36 PM.
Working...
X