Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavoured carbonated water

Hey Alll,

Im wanting to produce a flavoured carbonated water, does anybody out there have experience in doing this? Yes I understand how to do this on a home base level with a keg and some C02 but a want to do it on a larger scale and put it in a wine bottles.
    Last edited by Stompin Steve; 12-21-2019, 09:47 AM.

Couple of issues...

First is that cheap wine bottles have propensity to explode, sending shards of glass everywhere. Be very careful that you do not manufacture bombs. Second is that carbonating water to a high level is possible, but bottling it is difficult. Water does not hold on to dissolved CO2 as well as beer. So the gas wants to leap out of the water. Even at 0C. Especially with bottles that are not ice-cold. So unless you are counter-pressure bottling, it will be difficult. What are your specific questions?
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Hello Phillip,

Thanks for the response, I will make note on the bottle end of things. Im looking for guidance on the most efficient way to produce the flavoured water outside of one keg at a time, perhaps a 10bbl brite tank.

Comment

Produce?

I mean it's just water and flavor, eh? So mix and done. Not sure I understand what you're after. It's far easier to produce than beer. Brite tank would be a good choice. Obviously you need a vessel that can take required carbonation pressure.
        Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
          I mean it's just water and flavor, eh? So mix and done. Not sure I understand what you're after. It's far easier to produce than beer. Brite tank would be a good choice. Obviously you need a vessel that can take required carbonation pressure.
          This....and its called Seltzer Water, if you want to fancify "flavored, carbonated water"

Comment

Working...
          X