Inline Carbonation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline Carbonation

I'm hoping to get more insight on what's the best option for inline carbonation. For example, what method is used for injecting the CO2 into the beverage for some of the higher end carbonators out there? Are they all just using various size carb stones or maybe venturi/air atomizers? I'd really like to try something other than a carb stone, but want to get some opinions first.

Here's a high end option out there - what could it be using here?

ProCarb Mini from Probrew. Should be able to put that into the Google. Contact me if you need some info beyond that.

Comment

Here's our 1" Pentair:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-30 004 GHH-10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	191957

The working bits, looking down from above:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-30 005 GHH-10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	191958

Each of those domes houses a small sintered stainless disk that works as the stone.

There's also a small CO2 regulator mounted above.

The Pentair is mounted on our centrifuge, so ignore all the other pipes and junk.

Our brewers love this carbonator. It's recommended that at least ten feet of 1-1 1/2" line be used downstream for best absorbtion of the gas. We use the carbonator to get close to our desired level of carbonation, then fine-tune in the bright tank.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Timm, that's a nice job! Do you remove the discs to clean manually or do you leave them for inline CIP? Guess they're quite clean since it's after the fuge.

We are looking at a Denwel inline carb, comments welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
          Here's our 1" Pentair:

[ATTACH]64634[/ATTACH]

The working bits, looking down from above:

[ATTACH]64635[/ATTACH]

Each of those domes houses a small sintered stainless disk that works as the stone.

There's also a small CO2 regulator mounted above.

The Pentair is mounted on our centrifuge, so ignore all the other pipes and junk.

Our brewers love this carbonator. It's recommended that at least ten feet of 1-1 1/2" line be used downstream for best absorbtion of the gas. We use the carbonator to get close to our desired level of carbonation, then fine-tune in the bright tank.
          Hey there! I'm reviving this thread. We're looking at buying this system to go with our centrifuge rather than doing all the carbonation in the brite tank. Obviously it's going to save us some time but I was wondering if you noticed any positive impact on hop aroma through inline carbonation?

Comment

Jules, if you are still on the market for an inline carbonation system perhaps the QuantiPerm's xFlowCO2-FRC or xFlowCO2-Surge might be on interest to you. The xFlowCO2-FRC is fully automatic and will keep up the carbonation in the face of varying beer flow flow rates and can do up to 4 v/v inline carbonation.
            An alternative, the xFlowCO2-Surge model will allow you to carbonate and send the product directly to a filler without the need for another bright tank. More information about the inline carbonation systems here;

https://quantiperm.com/quantiperm-pr...ation-brewing/
            Mechanical Engineer, QuantiPerm
            www.quantiperm.com

Comment

Working...
            X