replacement ptfe seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement ptfe seals

Does anyone have a source for replacement ptfe seals in a 2 piece ball valve?

i have found them but a kit is stupid expensive. Better off just replacing the whole valve.

Originally posted by BSBC View Post
    Does anyone have a source for replacement ptfe seals in a 2 piece ball valve?

i have found them but a kit is stupid expensive. Better off just replacing the whole valve.
    This will be the case most of the time. You can source some replacement seals, however if you are not looking for a significant volume, the cost will probably not make sense. If you find some cheap, they are probably not going to last.

The reality is those simple little Teflon rings/seats have a ton of engineering into them. There are a variety of styles of PTFE seals, along with Nylon, Delrin, and other materials. A basic seal might be made of virgin Teflon material only, but the advanced ones will be bedded with anything from glass, to carbon graphite, to stainless alloys. This is where the costs come in.

Comment

They are just 1/2 " 2 piece ball valves. I have found the valves at 11.95 and the cheapest replacement seals I found cost more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by BSBC View Post
        They are just 1/2 " 2 piece ball valves.
        This is not really descriptive. It is a size reference, but does not give any context. Perhaps in your situation brass valve bodies with nylon seals are acceptable. I would not use that setup on a steam or high pressure application. Perhaps the reason you need replacement seals is from using a "cheaper" valve initially.

Valves at 11.95 each are likely going to be PTFE with no filler (or more likely Nylon). They will tend to lose shape and wear incredibly fast in most brewery or industrial applications. It is likely the replacement seals that are more expensive are made of a higher grade material (IE embedded seals). Most replacement seals/kits commonly found are going to be a higher grade material because, well, you are likely replacing it because the OEM failed.

Make beer and wine with our great selection of home brewing supplies, beer making recipes, keg supplies, all grain beer equipment, cheese making supplies and beer glasses & growlers. Orders over $59 ship free, for a limited time!

Comment

Sorry. They are stainless steel 2 piece ball valves with pure white ptfe seals. These valves have withstood very high and very low temps and have been taken apart hundreds of time for cleaning. I have an employee who has twice installed the ball seals in the wrong position and crushed the seals. I need to replace those....Thank you for the austin homebrew link to the exact thing i was looking for. I have found those at $12.00 to replace them on amazon and could not find them anywhere else. The same place I have found the exact ball valve for 11.99

Thank you.

Comment

Glad that link got you where you needed!

Comment

Working...
            X