krausening & bottle conditioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• krausening & bottle conditioning

I'm trying to plan a micro-brewery for almost a year now. I'm not a trained brewer and will start with a very low budget, so I'm quite cautious about doing things right and not wasting money.

I am planning on using the traditional krausening and bottle conditioning methods to carbonate the beer. As far as I understand this has some downsides like cellar time and trub in bottles. Upsides seem to be more complex flavors in beer and saving from brite tank. Some say active yeast in the bottles consume dissolved oxygen and expand the shelf life but I guess this is debatable as yeast might not consume the oxygen between the cap and the liquid.

I want to apply this method correctly so I need deeper information about the technique. Here's what I understand how to do this, correct me please if I'm wrong.
    I should wait until the beer finishes primary fermentation, then add 1/10th volume of wort from the following batch which is in high kruasen stage, to the Unitank to raise the SG by 3. Set the pressure to a certain level (not sure but 20psi?) then wait for a day for carbonation and bottle directly from the Unitank at 2C. Than the bottles should be conditioned in a warm temperature for 2 weeks like homebrewers do.

I'd appreciate further information/correction on my knowledge and a recommendation for a source (a publication or online) to fully understand the process. The sources I've found seemed like providing a general idea for this technique.
    Thank you all in advance.
    Last edited by gokcenami; 01-08-2020, 11:46 AM.
Working...
X