Discussion Board upgrade coming this month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Board upgrade coming this month

2020/02/28 - A quick note that the discussion board upgrade has been delayed for a couple weeks due to schedule conflicts. We'll update this post soon with further details.
    ---
    Hello all!

Later this month we will be upgrading our discussion board to the latest version of vBulletin. With it will undoubtedly come changes, but also some great new features we will roll through 2020.

During the transition the discussion board will be down for 8 or so hours. We will try to give a few days notice of when this will be and do the migration on a weekend, probably a Saturday.

After the switch all of the same forums and message will be here, the site will just look a bit different. It may take some getting used to, finding the new places to click, but we are here to help you find the views you are used to using.

I know change can seem annoying at times, but we ask for your patience and that you welcome the changes with an open mind. These changes are needed as the current forum is well past the official end of life.

More details soon.

Cheers!
    Jeff

Update Scheduled -- April 4/5

We will be taking the forum down for the big upgrade on April 4. It should be back up late on the 4th or early on the 5th.

Comment

How to unsubscribe from subscribed topics?
      When I go to subscription page on my profile there is no option to unsubscribe.

Comment

Originally posted by dark_s View Post
        How to unsubscribe from subscribed topics?
        When I go to subscription page on my profile there is no option to unsubscribe.
        When you mouse over the "Subscribed" button it changes to "Unsubscribe", click it and that should take care of it.
        Banjo
        Cheers!
        Banjo Bandolas
        Probrewer.com
        v- 541-284-5500
        banjo@probrewer.com

Comment

Is there a way to set view to desktop version? Mobile version is not working well on my phone, and I am used to the regular view. Generally this option is found on mobile sites but I do not see it here.
          Thank you.
          David

Comment

panadero There isn't really a mobile version / desktop version anymore -- the site design is "responsive" -- meaning it adapts to multiple widths. Can I ask what part isn't working well for you? Perhaps we can make adjustments. Feel free to email me screen shots if you wish. Jeff at probrewer.com

Comment

The screen just seems to stick when scrolling, after five or six tries it goes a few lines and sticks again. Also when I tap on a link, half the time I hit the authors name by accident as it is now part of the big block text instead of the smaller un-highlighted text. I know, I will probably just have to get used to it, or just use the pc. My phone just shows five topics per page, and the old version it was more like 18 or twenty. I know it may just be me. I will surely get used to the new layout, but the unresponsive scrolling is what is really the big issue.
              Thanks Jeff for the quick reply. Just trying to give feedback to the new layout.
              David

Comment

While I can't guarantee we will support it forever, you might want to try the Tapatalk app. Some people really seem to like it. https://www.tapatalk.com/

Comment

Working...
                X