Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isobaric manual filler

Hi everybody,

After few years working in different breweries in South France, I am currently in the middle of my business planning to launch my own.
    The investor behind me purpose a small budget for the first setup, in order to confirm my market.
    After long research for a European affordable manufacturer, I found my happiness on a 5HL system that suits my needs. Initially, I was planning to get only atmospheric FVs and one BBT for kegs, but this manufacturer is quite affordable on pressure rated vessels as well, so all FVs will be pressure rated. This makes me wonder again about getting an isobar filling machine for bottles.

Basically, I've been working on all kind of filler, from the manual gravity fed 4 heads filler, to the KTM Troxler gravity fed 14 heads line and up to a pretty big Fimer isobaric bottling line. But these kind of machine will not fit my budget, except the manual little filler. The only isobaric machine I found that could do the job is this one. I can't find any review on this kind of machine.

Since there's no purge of the bottle (the system has two phases: pressurize and fill), I have concerns about DO pick up. Is it acceptable since I don't plan to do a lot of hoppy beers?
    As well, it's not clear where to CO2-air blend that's in the bottle goes when the bottle is filled. Back in the buffer tank?
    If someone has any review or uses this kind of system, some recommendations would be really helpful!

Thanks and have a nice day,
    Guillaume

Isobaric manual filler

There was a long discussion on this forum about $495 bottle filler. Try to search for it.

Comment

Do you mean the one about the DIY 4 sprouts filler?

Comment

Yes. It works quite well.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I’ll take a look to it. Basically it seems as simple as the one I mentioned above but cheaper.

Comment

Check this out. We used one for years. Works well. Simple operation. Blast shield is important too.

Pax.

Liam
            Liam McKenna
            www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Hi Liam,

Definitely I would feel safer with a shield, but same thoughts than on the other one. As there’s no bottle purge step, but just a pressurizing, don’t you have oxygen pick up concerns? Where goes the gas that’s in the bottle while filling? Is there a pressure relief valve?

Thanks,
              Guillaume

Comment

Originally posted by Guiche View Post
                Hi Liam,

Definitely I would feel safer with a shield, but same thoughts than on the other one. As there’s no bottle purge step, but just a pressurizing, don’t you have oxygen pick up concerns? Where goes the gas that’s in the bottle while filling? Is there a pressure relief valve?

Thanks,
                Guillaume
                There is a vent on the 'bowl' (reservoir of beer in machine) bowl is pressurized with CO2. Pressure of incoming beer slightly exceeds bowl pressure. Fill valves are three-way, typically one would pressurize/vent then pressurize and vent again (repeat as much as you want). This reduces the O2 in the bottle. After that, pressurize and then fill. After fill, vent and drop bottle for crowning. Works quite well.

Pax.

Liam
                Liam McKenna

Comment

So if I get it well, the air you vent from the first pressurization does not go back in the bowl but just outside?

Comment

Correct. You can vent to the rear of the unit, not the filler bowl/reservoir via the fob/overflow tubes.

Good luck.

Pax.

Liam
                    Liam McKenna

Comment

Thanks for these precisions !

Comment

Working...
                      X