Dirty beer lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty beer lines

Hey all, I'm a beer line cleaner looking for a second opinion. I have a new account who's lines were neglected for years, I've tried about every cleaning process and chemical I know but still can't get them clean. Would you guys have any secret weapons to get these lines back to normal without replacing them? The bar owner is not open to replacing them unfortunately. Thanks for your time.

In the UK we'd use this product for this sort of issue https://chemisphereuk.com/shop/pipel...oming-out-kit/ Here's a link to the MDS https://www.chemisphereuk.com/upload...heet.11.en.pdf

Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide and surfactants, maybe you can try a similar US sourced product.

In the brewery when we have trouble shifting something we would be adding a booster like hydrogen peroxide to our caustic in small concentrations (we use 0.3% v/v) and it works wonders, however I've never tried that on a beer line.

Cheers,
    jeff
    Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
    Chairman of the Beer
    Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
    Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
    W: www.lovibonds.com
    F: LovibondsBrewery
    T: @Lovibonds

Comment

The purple gear is the bee's knees...

Buy 5L (1.3Gal) Pipeline Fourteen beverage system cleaner 2 in 1 colour verification online at Beverage Craft ✔️ Best price on draft beer line cleaners guaranteed.

Pax.

Liam
      Liam McKenna
      www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Time!
        Put them on a acid wash, ie keg cleaner, recirc overnight. I bet there's a lot of beer stone. Then do an caustic at 3%, all day if needed.
        Make sure the line chiller is off during this. With a good pump you can do 6-10 lines at a time depending on length of the run.
        Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
        tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
        "Your results may vary"

Comment

I will try that. Thanks for that

Comment

Working...
          X