Beer Souring Blend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Souring Blend

One of the most interesting things about being a brewer is getting random samples sent to you. I just got one from a company named Hawkins. Apparently this company makes souring blends to mix in with your beer and avoid the potential issues from live sour yeast/bacteria. I can't find any reviews or people that have messed around with these products, so I figured putting the word out here would be my next best option.
    -Has anyone ever tried these sour blends from Hawkins? Thoughts?
    -I'm always up to try new things in the brewhouse or at home, but don't want to open an untested bag of worms.

I know this will annoy some people because it is not true to sour beers, and I totally get that. This post is just more to hear if anyone had experience with it, not to pass judgement on the idea of it. Cheers.

Though I myself have never made a sour with such products, I have tried a few. To me they came across as a bit lacklustre and monochromatic.

Comment

I just got it today and would be interested in feed back if anyone has tried it. We got 3 different samples.
      Michael Ieronimo
      Brass Works Brewing Company, LLC
      President/ Head Brewer

Comment

Sounds like citric acid and ground up fruit powder?
        Joel Halbleib
        Partner / Zymurgist
        Hive and Barrel Meadery
        6302 Old La Grange Rd
        Crestwood, KY
        www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Working...
        X