No announcement yet.

Marking my sight glasses: Barrels or Gallons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well since I started this thread I’ll give everybody an update: I marked all the sight glasses in 5 gallon increments . I also marked the barrel locations as well. I did this using a flow meter

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie View Post
      I own a lot of tools...none of them in fractions of inches, thank f*ck...except for the socket drives, I guess
      I own very old cars (the the kind that were american made with american parts) The toolbag in my trunk for work is mostly metric though since there isnt a lick of large printing equipment made in the states anymore and hasnt been since xerox more or less shut down but even they had gone metric prior... I do have to deal with both metric and standard measurements every day though since the equipment (and the customers) can be set on either here as in this business.

As far as the topic at hand, we have our tanks marked in 5 gallon increments (since we are taxed in gallon increments as well as bbls which convert to gallons easily). but at such a tiny 3bbl size it only makes sense. if the government starts taxing us in liters, We will change over. for now, with 16oz cans, pours and 64oz growlers it just doesnt make since to introduce conversions for us.
      Last edited by augiedoggy; 02-27-2020, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X