Thread: 2bbl CIP pump hose

2bbl CIP pump hose

Purchased this pump to use for CIP on a 2 bbl system. Everything is 1.5 TC with 1/2 inch barbs. I will use the sharkbite crimping style clamps. What hose should I use for CIP that is good for this pressure and at least 170 degrees water?

Also i will be using a variable speed "router" knob which alters the power to the unit to slow or speed up. I will have a pressure gauge on the output using a T

Info:
    Portable 110V/0.75kw 304 Food Grade Centrifugal Pump Sanitary Beverage Pump 3 Ton/hPortable 110V/0.75kw 304 Food Grade Centrifugal Pump Sanitary Beverage Pump 3 Ton/h, Voltage: 110V, Power: 0.75KW, Flow: 3T/h, Material: Stainless Steel, Head of delivery:708inch/18m, nlet diameter: φ1.4inch/φ38mm, Outlet diameter: φ1.25inch/φ32mm, Highest temperature:100℃(212℉)

Untitled by Jeremy Boucher, on Flickr

Do you know anyone that uses that pump? Im setting up a 2bbl system and am in need of a pump as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brwd.By.Boucher View Post
    Purchased this pump to use for CIP on a 2 bbl system. Everything is 1.5 TC with 1/2 inch barbs. I will use the sharkbite crimping style clamps. What hose should I use for CIP that is good for this pressure and at least 170 degrees water?

Also i will be using a variable speed "router" knob which alters the power to the unit to slow or speed up. I will have a pressure gauge on the output using a T

Info:
    Portable 110V/0.75kw 304 Food Grade Centrifugal Pump Sanitary Beverage Pump 3 Ton/hPortable 110V/0.75kw 304 Food Grade Centrifugal Pump Sanitary Beverage Pump 3 Ton/h, Voltage: 110V, Power: 0.75KW, Flow: 3T/h, Material: Stainless Steel, Head of delivery:708inch/18m, nlet diameter: φ1.4inch/φ38mm, Outlet diameter: φ1.25inch/φ32mm, Highest temperature:100℃(212℉)

Untitled by Jeremy Boucher, on Flickr
    controlling this type of 120v pump with a router speed controller might not work out too well.
    I have this same pump but as I understand it the only way to vary the motor speed reliably without damaging the motor would be with a 240v and VFD setup..
    I keep it simple and control the flow with a butterfly valve on the output of the pump. I do use pwm speed control on my DC pumps in my system that I use to pump water from the HLT for sparge and even for transferring beer from the fermenter to the brites.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Newbie View Post
    Do you know anyone that uses that pump? Im setting up a 2bbl system and am in need of a pump as well.
    Ive been using this pump for just over a year for my 3bbl for CIP and even whirlpooling. It was about $300 a year ago and keeps going up in price every time I look.

Would using a Blichmann 240v controller work on a 220v 1hp pump to control flow?

Would using a Blichmann 240v controller work on a 220v 1hp pump to control flow?
    you need a variable frequency drive or "VFD" btw they sell the pump above prewired now but it looks like that supplier is selling the older one that you have to wire up and buy a power cord for.
    Last edited by augiedoggy; 03-04-2020 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
    you need a variable frequency drive or "VFD" btw they sell the pump above prewired now but it looks like that supplier is selling the older one that you have to wire up and buy a power cord for.
    How long have you run yours with the valve to control flow? Seems like a simple enough solution but stressful on the motor.

How long have you run yours with the valve to control flow? Seems like a simple enough solution but stressful on the motor.
    just over a year

I will just put a valve before the pressure gauge I guess and return the router control.