2bbl CIP pump hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2bbl CIP pump hose

Purchased this pump to use for CIP on a 2 bbl system. Everything is 1.5 TC with 1/2 inch barbs. I will use the sharkbite crimping style clamps. What hose should I use for CIP that is good for this pressure and at least 170 degrees water?

Also i will be using a variable speed "router" knob which alters the power to the unit to slow or speed up. I will have a pressure gauge on the output using a T

Info:
    Portable 110V/0.75kw 304 Food Grade Centrifugal Pump Sanitary Beverage Pump 3 Ton/hPortable 110V/0.75kw 304 Food Grade Centrifugal Pump Sanitary Beverage Pump 3 Ton/h, Voltage: 110V, Power: 0.75KW, Flow: 3T/h, Material: Stainless Steel, Head of delivery:708inch/18m, nlet diameter: φ1.4inch/φ38mm, Outlet diameter: φ1.25inch/φ32mm, Highest temperature:100℃(212℉)

Untitled by Jeremy Boucher, on Flickr

Do you know anyone that uses that pump? Im setting up a 2bbl system and am in need of a pump as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brwd.By.Boucher View Post
      Purchased this pump to use for CIP on a 2 bbl system. Everything is 1.5 TC with 1/2 inch barbs. I will use the sharkbite crimping style clamps. What hose should I use for CIP that is good for this pressure and at least 170 degrees water?

Also i will be using a variable speed "router" knob which alters the power to the unit to slow or speed up. I will have a pressure gauge on the output using a T

Info:
      Portable 110V/0.75kw 304 Food Grade Centrifugal Pump Sanitary Beverage Pump 3 Ton/hPortable 110V/0.75kw 304 Food Grade Centrifugal Pump Sanitary Beverage Pump 3 Ton/h, Voltage: 110V, Power: 0.75KW, Flow: 3T/h, Material: Stainless Steel, Head of delivery:708inch/18m, nlet diameter: φ1.4inch/φ38mm, Outlet diameter: φ1.25inch/φ32mm, Highest temperature:100℃(212℉)

Untitled by Jeremy Boucher, on Flickr
      controlling this type of 120v pump with a router speed controller might not work out too well.
      I have this same pump but as I understand it the only way to vary the motor speed reliably without damaging the motor would be with a 240v and VFD setup..
      I keep it simple and control the flow with a butterfly valve on the output of the pump. I do use pwm speed control on my DC pumps in my system that I use to pump water from the HLT for sparge and even for transferring beer from the fermenter to the brites.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Newbie View Post
        Do you know anyone that uses that pump? Im setting up a 2bbl system and am in need of a pump as well.
        Ive been using this pump for just over a year for my 3bbl for CIP and even whirlpooling. It was about $300 a year ago and keeps going up in price every time I look.

Comment

Would using a Blichmann 240v controller work on a 220v 1hp pump to control flow?

Comment

Would using a Blichmann 240v controller work on a 220v 1hp pump to control flow?
            you need a variable frequency drive or "VFD" btw they sell the pump above prewired now but it looks like that supplier is selling the older one that you have to wire up and buy a power cord for.
            Last edited by augiedoggy; 03-04-2020, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by augiedoggy View Post
              you need a variable frequency drive or "VFD" btw they sell the pump above prewired now but it looks like that supplier is selling the older one that you have to wire up and buy a power cord for.
              How long have you run yours with the valve to control flow? Seems like a simple enough solution but stressful on the motor.

Comment

How long have you run yours with the valve to control flow? Seems like a simple enough solution but stressful on the motor.
                just over a year

Comment

I will just put a valve before the pressure gauge I guess and return the router control.

Comment

This looks like a great option to use as a CIP for my 5bbl setup. Are all these listings on eBay or does the manufacturer have a website?

Comment

This cannot be run off of a VFD. It is a single phase pump. Looks like a very cheap option, too. Note the large capacitor under the motor. Also note that this is NOT a "washdown" pump. Maybe in China, but I wouldn't ever get it wet.
                      Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
                        This cannot be run off of a VFD. It is a single phase pump. Looks like a very cheap option, too. Note the large capacitor under the motor. Also note that this is NOT a "washdown" pump. Maybe in China, but I wouldn't ever get it wet.
                        I'm not sure if the definition of a washdown pump means it has to be waterproof but I can verify these are not... they are designed where liquids can be spilled all over them and not effect operation but I would make a habit of spraying the pump itself with liquid.. I use the Two I have for CIP and thus do not subject my actual pumps to being sprayed with liquids.. There are a number of different voltage configurations for these pumps as the use frame motors and come in different flavors of design.. I find a simple butterfly valve mounted to the output port works well enough to control flow for my uses but YMMV the older one I have does not have fully encased wiring but the newer one I own does. the capacitors and wiring are in a sealed plastic enclosure.
                        Variants of these pumps are on amazon and ebay as well as other chinese sites like aliexpress and alibaba. and yes the seals are faily easy to find I replaced them on one of my pumps after damaging when I disassembled it incorrectly.

Comment

Working...
                        X