Brewery Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewery Layout

Hello, we are planning to build a new brewery. I was looking for some input on the layout. I have attached a rough drawing that we are working through. The building size we are looking at is around 40x70, we are planning on brewing around 30bbl's per week eventually. Predicting about 60/40 retail/wholesale kegs. Maybe add a canning line down the road. Not sure of the photo quality here as it only allowed me a 100kb attachment

thanks in advance.Click image for larger version

Name:	image (4).png
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	196317

We have a similar layout to you, our building is 80x40. We have been open 4 months, and we are already out of room for everything. I would go bigger if at all possible. What size Brewhouse and fermenters? Why 3 brite tanks for 6 fermenters? Are you using some of the BTs as serving vessels as well? Hard to tell without dimensions but looks like your walk in might be a little small for your space. Are you planning on kegging everything? If so you will probably going to want a keg washer. Where will that go? Also, where is the mill and auger to be placed? Are you serving any food? Just some things to think about as you are planning. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by drbenj1 View Post
      We have a similar layout to you, our building is 80x40. We have been open 4 months, and we are already out of room for everything. I would go bigger if at all possible. What size Brewhouse and fermenters? Why 3 brite tanks for 6 fermenters? Are you using some of the BTs as serving vessels as well? Hard to tell without dimensions but looks like your walk in might be a little small for your space. Are you planning on kegging everything? If so you will probably going to want a keg washer. Where will that go? Also, where is the mill and auger to be placed? Are you serving any food? Just some things to think about as you are planning. Cheers!
      Thanks for the reply. Planning on 10bbl system and brew three times per week. Planning on 2 brite tanks, but maybe just need one. Not 100% sure on cold room size yet. Can I ask what size your's is and how many bbl's you are brewing per week? We are planning on kegging everything. We do have a keg washer we need to find a place for. One idea I had for grain is a shed on the other side of the wall of the brewhouse for mill and auger and grain storage. We are not planning on serving food.

Comment

Originally posted by Inlaw View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Planning on 10bbl system and brew three times per week. Planning on 2 brite tanks, but maybe just need one. Not 100% sure on cold room size yet. Can I ask what size your's is and how many bbl's you are brewing per week? We are planning on kegging everything. We do have a keg washer we need to find a place for. One idea I had for grain is a shed on the other side of the wall of the brewhouse for mill and auger and grain storage. We are not planning on serving food.
        We are 7bbls and brew twice a week and can barely keep up with taproom demand, haven't been able to think about distributing yet. Wish I would have gone with a 10bbl system. We have 5 7bbl FV, 2 15bbl FV and 1 7bbl BT. If had a 15bbl BT it would be better. I would get as big of a walk in as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Inlaw View Post
          Howdy hi,
          10 bbl brewhouse + brewing three times a week = need a bigger cold room.
          Also, I would suggest going the other direction with brites: get a third. You will be bumping up against beer sitting in your brite as you scramble to clean kegs, and then have to brew another beer, and have to transfer to free up a fermenter.
          Build the biggest cold room you can: you will need it.
          What’s the old saying about failing to plan?

My two cents
          Prost!
          Dave
          Glacier Brewing Company
          406-883-2595
          info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Originally posted by GlacierBrewing View Post
            Howdy hi,
            10 bbl brewhouse + brewing three times a week = need a bigger cold room.
            Also, I would suggest going the other direction with brites: get a third. You will be bumping up against beer sitting in your brite as you scramble to clean kegs, and then have to brew another beer, and have to transfer to free up a fermenter.
            Build the biggest cold room you can: you will need it.
            What’s the old saying about failing to plan?

My two cents
            Prost!
            Dave
            thanks, any idea what a good reference point would be for cold room size for 30bbls per week all going into kegs?

Comment

Working...
            X