No announcement yet.

Beer To Go = Order Online + Drink At Home / Virtual Bar and Virtual Tastings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer To Go = Order Online + Drink At Home / Virtual Bar and Virtual Tastings

And the idea of a virtual bar is an interesting one. Very low expense and the potential to make a lot of people feel more at ease. Got an old iPhone or iPad sitting around? Why not host virtual drinking sessions so people can join in from home. If a lock down lasts long enough your regulars will start to miss talking or just being out. Provide a Zoom / WebEx / Facebook Live video for them to peak in, talk to each other, and socialize.

This is great both as a scheduled thing — let's all meet at 5pm on Friday, for example. And also as just a drop in anytime kind of thing.

Like this. I can imagine something like that working. Just have an open video chat room open on Facebook for regulars and encourage them to video chat each other while having a beer, keep social while staying distant

Comment

Originally posted by Nomo View Post
      https://nowthisnews.com/news/on-nomi...self-isolating

Like this. I can imagine something like that working. Just have an open video chat room open on Facebook for regulars and encourage them to video chat each other while having a beer, keep social while staying distant

Can you tell me/us more? How does an open video chat room on FB work? I'm curious more about the logistics--whether someone is just sitting there in case people join, or what.

Comment

We are having out second Zoom virtual happy hour tonight. On Fridays we are offering free delivery within 10 miles of the brewery. Then at 6:00 we start a Zoom video happy hour. On the first one I muted everyone and turned off the ability for them to umute themselves assuming that we would have a a decent number of people. This time I am going to try to mute everyone and allow them to unmute as they want for questions etc... We'll see how that goes.

Comment

Working...
        X