Ball Lock posts for carbonating to UniTanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Lock posts for carbonating to UniTanks

I've been using standard Stainless air quick disconnects from GWkent for carb stones and im not happy with them. They're loose-fitting and they leak if not qerfectly aligned. I've recently been to a few breweries and they're all using ball locks on their stones.
    Is everyone using ball locks and do you put a ball valve between the stone and the ball lock post?

Are you using ball lock on everything using co2?

Thanks
    Brian

We use ball lock connectors for some of our co2 applications. They can leak as well, so don't expect them to fix every problem. Check out Brewers Hardware. They have a lot of cool ball lock adapters. We regularly use ball lock to beer nut and ball lock to 1.5" TC adapters. If the co2 tank isn't close to the connection, I'd put a valve on it.

Comment

Originally posted by esbq View Post
      We use ball lock connectors for some of our co2 applications. They can leak as well, so don't expect them to fix every problem. Check out Brewers Hardware. They have a lot of cool ball lock adapters. We regularly use ball lock to beer nut and ball lock to 1.5" TC adapters. If the co2 tank isn't close to the connection, I'd put a valve on it.
      Youre right about Brewhardware, they do have some cool adapters. Nor-cal brewing solutions is another. Are you disassembling the poppet everytime or just cip'ing thru the stone? Thanks for the info.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BigBBrew View Post
        I've been using standard Stainless air quick disconnects from GWkent for carb stones and im not happy with them. They're loose-fitting and they leak if not qerfectly aligned. I've recently been to a few breweries and they're all using ball locks on their stones.
        Is everyone using ball locks and do you put a ball valve between the stone and the ball lock post?

Are you using ball lock on everything using co2?

Thanks
        Brian
        We use tri clamp connection for co2, makes things simple

Comment

Youre right about Brewhardware, they do have some cool adapters. Nor-cal brewing solutions is another. Are you disassembling the poppet everytime or just cip'ing thru the stone? Thanks for the info.

Brian
          We only use ball lock connectors for temporary connections. This is stuff like rousing yeast/hops, purging, pushing beer around, etc. We more secure connections for long term co2 connections. Many of our connections use flare fittings, so these work well if you are connecting to TC.

Comment

Originally posted by Inlaw View Post
            We use tri clamp connection for co2, makes things simple
            Our tanks came with stones that are TC to 1/4 male npt with a ball valve. I need to get some more use out of them before i can justify changing them out.

Comment

Our tanks came with stones that are TC to 1/4 male npt with a ball valve. I need to get some more use out of them before i can justify changing them out.
              that's what we have, you would just need this adapter at the link below for the valve on the stone, then another barb adapter for your air line

Comment

Working...
              X