Thread Size Input/ Output Keg Coupler Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Size Input/ Output Keg Coupler Size

I am not at the brewery right now so I cannot measure...

I have to order gas shut off valve that will go on my Sankey coupler so that I can close it while begining the filling process.... I am guess off of memory 5/8", please let me know...

Dont feel like driving back to brewery tonight...

when i looked at it before, they were a strange UNF thread, and hard to come by.

Your best bet is probably to get one of those beer nut shutoff valves, made by micromatic and others.

Micro Matic brand ball valve with beer nut connection for beer line shutoff. Straight beer line valve is made of 304L stainless steel with a food grade nylon ball valve. Excellent for beer, wine and cider. Built-in plastic washer seals at the coupler connection. Seal is made of Delrin which is autoclave safe. Standard hex nut (874) attaches to the outlet thread. ID 3/8”. Thread is 7/8”-14 (5/8” BSP) U.S. Beer Industry Standard

GW kent also sell adaptors that go from beer nut to NPT if you want a different valve.

Comment

Foxx has them cheaper. Your other option is an inline valve, foxx has them in ss or food grade plastic, ours are 3/8 id sized.

Comment

Save yourself beer loss and frustration. Go over to GW Kent and get their manual beer filler fob head.

This keg filler comes with a premium MicroMatic keg coupler and our exclusive auto-stop attachment. It fills a keg in 8-10 minutes and then shuts off the flow automatically. No more overflows. No more wasted time baby-sitting your kegs while filling. You can even fill multiple kegs at the same time by hooking several up to a manifold. Our SKU # 3210 and # 3211 are examples of how this can be done. Spare parts are always available here at G.W. Kent. Over 20,000 of these great keg fillers are in use today on 5 continents. It pays for itself quickly from savings in labor and spilled beer.

You will be thankful that you did.
        Todd G Hicks
        BeerDenizen Brewing Services

Comment

Originally posted by Brwd.By.Boucher View Post
          I am not at the brewery right now so I cannot measure...

I have to order gas shut off valve that will go on my Sankey coupler so that I can close it while begining the filling process.... I am guess off of memory 5/8", please let me know...

Dont feel like driving back to brewery tonight...
          I've only ever come across two sizes, 1/2" and 5/8"
          Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
          Chairman of the Beer
          Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
          Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
          W: www.lovibonds.com
          F: LovibondsBrewery
          T: @Lovibonds

Comment

Sounds to me like you're trying to use a tavern head coupler for filling kegs. You should be using a keg filler/washer coupler instead. The easiest way to tell te difference is that the tavern couplers have a Pressure Relief valve on the side--usually has a little split ring on it. Filler/washer heads don't have a PRV, and have a bore about twice the size of a tavern coupler. This makes a difference in how long it takes to fill a keg. Filler/washer couplers will usually come with a valve on both inlet and outlet sides, so you shouldn't need to buy them separately.
            Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
            Terminal Gravity Brewing,
            Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
            X