Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plate and frame Diversion Plate help

Howdy all,
    got a new 40x40 plate and frame with a diversion plate. Loaded the first 2/3 of plates with k700 Seitz then the last 1/3 of plates with k300. I was advised by the filter company's rep to "reverse" the position of the pad immediately after the diversion plate but all other pads in the appropriate orientation (ie, rough side against product inlet, smooth side against product outlet). I can't wrap my brain around why this makes a difference. HELP.
    Also, I was advised to run the inlet pressure at 45psi via my pump. As I was waiting for the filter sight glasses to explode, I wondered if this pressure was appropriate for this set up: 10 bbl, good floc yeast, several days cold.
    Any DETAILED plate and frame methodology/procedures will be looked upon as mantra from GOD!

Thanks Probrewers,
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

The way I was taught with our diversion plate is that the order of the sheets is reversed because its coming through the other side.

So....if you start off with smooth side facing you (looking/loading from the front) you would start off with the rough side after the diverter or crossover plate then alternating as usual.

The way you describe it, sounds like he wants two pads rough starting off after the plate?

Also, makes sense when you call it a "crossover" plate IMHO given how the beer is moving through it.

Never keep it going over 2 bars.....if we do, we're basically ready for a back flush for sure.

Pads seem equivalent.........

Again, this is how I learned to use it, heck I could be wrong
    The fine sheets never look very loaded, but the coarse sheets pick up practically all the yeast so......

hope this helps

JackK

Comment

Hi Jack (can't say that in an airport! ),
      Yep, after the "crossover plate", I have two pads that are rough side facing the fixed head of the filter.
      Do you drive your filter session with a pump or rely on tank pressure to facilitate the beer-through-pads?
      What input pressures and output pressures do you shoot for?
      I have had very good filtration success in the past with our old filter but the new has so many more pressure gauges that the old doesn't have so I don't have any "pressure experience".
      Thanks,
      Dave
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

All the sheets in the back side will be reversed, as the others stated.

I also always start the filter without the pump and use just pressure from the tank until I have about 20% of the recieving tank full, if it fills quickly with only pressure I dont touch it, I usually turn on the pump late in the tank when it shows signs of blockage.
        www.Lervig.no

Comment

Working...
        X