Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brewery Without Public Water/Waste Treatment Services?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewery Without Public Water/Waste Treatment Services?

Any of you involved with a brewery using something other than public water and waste treatment? Just trying to figure out if it is at all feesable to operate a brewery with a good well as your water source and a properly sized septic system and water treatment combination. Would the lack of municipal services at a location have to be a deal breaker to brew efficiently? Thanks in advance!

Call John up at Lang Creek Brewing and Ask him he is considered the most remote brewery in the US, he has a Gorgeous location in a valley out in the middle nowhere and I know he has no public water or sewer.

Laughing Dog

Comment

Septic

I will try to PM you here in the next few days. We use public water but are on our on waste system(Septic). When we did the addition for the brewery we had to put in a whole new system. At the time it seemed like a hugh overkill, but so far so good!

Comment

I have a brewery in rural PA (Conestoga) that is run on well water and no public sewer. We have a 500ft. well capable of delivering 750 gallons of water at one time. We also have a 3000 gallon waste tank for chemical waste from cleaning that we have pumped out every so often. Our water waste goes to our house hose drain.

Good Luck!
        Matt
        Spring House Brewing Co.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Glad to know it can be done!

Comment

Working...
          X