Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brewhouse Necessities - What do you need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And then there's...

Food-grade napalm, my Hello Kitty 64-in-1 multi-tool, fire, the Glenn Miller Orchestra (live, of course), an authentic Roman sun dial (water is NO problem), "How to Brew Without Hops" manual, a spare back or two, Ye Olde breathalyzer, and sense of humor with tongue firmly in cheek...

Comment

I second the combat BDU pants and a fully amplified brewhouse.
      Cheers & I'm out!
      David R. Pierce
      NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
      POB 343
      New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Sorry to see this thread die down....

....I missed one essential item:

* the kettle - for brewing up coffee - strong, black with a spoon of local honey!

am I the only one that needs a cup to get going?

Cheers,

Jeff
        Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
        Chairman of the Beer
        Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
        Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
        W: www.lovibonds.com
        F: LovibondsBrewery
        T: @Lovibonds

Comment

Yea coffee helps... and when available a big chocolate on chocolate cake donut, fresh from the bakery

Digital scales for hop and grain weight. Strahman hose nozzles. Reliable farmer for spent grain collection.

And of course... The occasional homebrewer who hangs out in in the brewhouse, helps a little, raves on my beer, talks about the complicated processes they use at home and then kow-tow's to me when I say... "I don't do that... just brew." HAHAHHAAHA Hey, it happens, right? Everyone needs their ego stroked... LOL

Side note: I've had this sort of thing happen so many times... had a proud homebrewer tell me he LOVED my stout and couldn't figure out why his was so puny... I asked him his grain bill.. sounded reasonable. Asked his process and it made my eyes glaze over... double decoction mash? Brew day was loooong WTH? I stopped him right there... Said "I mash my stout for 30 minutes at 158 then sparge. Boom. Done." He appeared crestfallen for a moment, but when he recovered it was like the Wayne's world Aerosmith scene LOL

Comment

Presents

Hey... after reading this thread I have two things to comment about, the first is the timeliness of it (after all it is that gift giving time of year.) I got all new ideas to tell my family and friends who insist on getting me some thing. I also have an essential to add. Nice boots. I have both a cheap PVC pair, with a good insole added. And I also have the classic New England Duck Boot, for when the weather is cold.
            Dammy Olsson
            Quality Manager
            Wormtown Brewery
            Worcester, MA

Comment

Speaking of boots, I have now heard three stories of brewery workers wearing deep boots outside of their pants getting a long boot full of hot water with dire consequences. Go with the short boots, rubber shoes, or rubber berks, at least you can get them off fast.
              Joel Halbleib
              Partner / Zymurgist
              Hive and Barrel Meadery
              6302 Old La Grange Rd
              Crestwood, KY
              www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Hey, aren't you supposed to be on vacation?
                Cheers & I'm out!
                David R. Pierce
                NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
                POB 343
                New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Originally posted by BrewinLou
                  Speaking of boots, I have now heard three stories of brewery workers wearing deep boots outside of their pants getting a long boot full of hot water with dire consequences. Go with the short boots, rubber shoes, or rubber berks, at least you can get them off fast.
                  This is something I replied to a post some time ago, these boots rock... the fishermen use them too!:

These are expensive, but so worth it. They have been my favorites for a long time. They are comfortable, VERY flexible, and provide protection high up the calf. They fit snug around your calf preventing any 'oops just sprayed water into my shoe'... saw it happen with a hose from hot liquor tank.. very ugly... These would have prevented that...

Shop Gemplers for your landscaping, growing, safety supplies, clothing, footwear and pest control needs. Gemplers is a small, family-owned business based in Wisconsin and serving folks who work outdoors across the U.S.A. since 1939. We’re dedicated to always treating you like a neighbor and not a number.

Comment

Oh, I forgot, you can't brew without some Island influence such as King Tubby, Mad Professor, Sly ad Robbie, Burning Spear, And the list goes on...and on....and ruba dubdub on...and on. [insert keg bang here].
                    -Beaux
                    Last edited by beauxman; 12-03-2007, 11:35 PM. Reason: spelling (and not the Tori type)

Comment

Originally posted by beauxman
                      Oh, I forgot, you can't brew without some Island influence such as King Tubby, Mad Professor, Sly ad Robbie, Burning Spear, And the list goes on...and on....and ruba dubdub on...and on. [insert keg bang here].
                      -Beaux
                      Speaking of tunes, I just bought one of these for the Brewhouse as an early Christmas present to ourselves. (and at less than half that MSRP I might add)

JVCKENWOOD's product information site creates excitement and peace of mind for the people of the world through JVC brand projectors, headphones, audio, car audio products and professional business products.

Comment

Originally posted by beertje46
                        Hey, aren't you supposed to be on vacation?
                        Yeah right, I had to take a break from mudding the kitchen wall.
                        Joel Halbleib
                        Partner / Zymurgist
                        Hive and Barrel Meadery
                        6302 Old La Grange Rd
                        Crestwood, KY
                        www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie
                          Sorry to see this thread die down....

....I missed one essential item:

* the kettle - for brewing up coffee - strong, black with a spoon of local honey!

am I the only one that needs a cup to get going?

Cheers,

Jeff
                          I'll second that. The espresso machine is indeed essential for the 5AM starts.

Comment

Working...
                          X