Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 years Brewing, available to work 15-20 hrs/wk, looking to help brewery in NJ/NEPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 years Brewing, available to work 15-20 hrs/wk, looking to help brewery in NJ/NEPA

I'm an experienced Head Brewer who's in-between projects right now, and I'm bored! I miss brewing!

To be honest, I do miss brewing, but I'm not bored. Rather, I am waiting for my next position to start up, but it is still a few months away (definitely Spring, maybe some Summer as well). My previous project ended early, so I am looking to fill the hours of the day by staying busy in the industry.

What can I offer? Plenty!

I've been brewing since 2005, recently coming off of a Head Brewer position, where I had total control of the operation from grain to glass. I brewed on a 7 BBL system from the 1990s, so it was extremely manual...which meant I gained experience in every corner of the brewhouse, from diagnosing issues of a boiler that broke down consistently, to investigating problems with the old glycol unit, a warped Mash Tun, CO2 leaks from the Grundy Serving Tanks, etc. Despite the issues, I was able to create 19 new recipes for the brewery's six taps, which received very positive response from the customer base, and sales began moving in the right direction after 5 previous years on the downturn.

Prior to this, I was a Pilot Brewer for Research/Development of a 20 BBL brewery, for which I immersed myself in everything that could be done in the Brewhouse (including cellarwork, cleaning & sanitation of all equipment, as well as assisting in the front of the house on busy Fridays and weekends). I also have experience brewing commercially for breweries in Colorado, as well as an award-winning background for which I can claim a Gold Medal from the largest brewing competition in the world, along with a Silver Medal from the GABF Pro-Am earlier this decade.

I can be available for you as soon as you need if your brewery is in the Northern New Jersey or Northeast Pennsylvania or even Orange County, New York areas. Whether it be someone who is around to assist your brewers or staff in whatever tasks necessary, or even if it's to impart some of the experience I've had which may help anyone that's newer to Craft Brewing, I am happy to help in whatever capacity. Please either reply to this message, or email me at Conybrewer@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to provide more information. Cheers!
Working...
X