Thread: Alcohol benefits?

Alcohol benefits?

"Frequent moderate drinking of alcohol is associated with a lower risk of fatty liver disease".

How to share this info with consumers?? Should you, would you ,could you?

Here's the link:
    http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-fmd052411.php

The FED does not allow any statements advancing health and moderate alcohol consumption on any printed materials or beer marketing, which makes you wonder where free speech comes in.......

"The FED does not allow any statements advancing health and moderate alcohol consumption on any printed materials or beer marketing, which makes you wonder where free speech comes in......."- South Country

I hear you and I've heard this before.

I must ask though, do folks actually challenge this concept? I mean, if you called your beverage say even, "Healing Ale", would that inhibit label approval?
    Has anybody ever had experience with this topic of labeling an alcoholic beverage with any form of verbage relating to health(other than the blueberry beers and that labeling)?

Heck, if I were to name a hop "Medicinal" due to it's high beta acid profile, would truth in labeling supercede any rules relating to what South Country mentioned?

If so,,,and I named a plant "Medicinal",,,you would or could put on the label that that beer was brewed with Medicinal Hops.

I'm just wondering how tight this line is and the stories that have been affected by this line of word choice.

Thanks!