Questions about using liquid nitrogen to purge bottles prior to filling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about using liquid nitrogen to purge bottles prior to filling

We recently bought an older 24v Meyer filler and plan on purging bottles with CO2 right before the beer is filled. But I would like to look into using liquid nitrogen. Do any of you use liquid nitrogen to purge instead of CO2 with a similar filler? If you do use LN2, can you tell me your DO, TPO, or air levels? Did you see an improvement when using LN2? Do you know the cost to purge a bottle with LN2? I talked to a rep from a nitrogen doser company and he stated it could cost as low as .0068 cents per dose with the price of LN2 from my local Oxarc at $3.25 a liter. But he wasn't sure how much LN2 would be needed per bottle. I have read all the posts here about dosing, and I know the price of a doser. I also have a DO meter and plan on using it when the line is up and running to test different methods. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please respond to this post or email me at mickeyatmickduffsdotcom. Thanks.

Mickey Mahoney
    MickDuff's Brewing Co.

Did you ever make this happen? I'm looking at potentially doing exactly the same thing and wanted to see if you had any more info!

- Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X