Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Samscratchewan....

Hi all,

Wanted to say hi. I enjoy reading the info and experience in here as me and my partners plan/consider moving from the absurdly oversized home brew setup I've built over the past two year to the pro realm.

We currently have a 3 kettle 1bbl HERMS brewhouse by brugear, controlled by a 100A ebrewsupply BCS panel, with a "sparge/HERMS lid" that I made up to include a grist hydrator. We have 6x 40gallon brugear conicals, and a 68gal stout BBT. I made up a manual keg washer. The water out here is very hard, so we run RO water and "make it" to suit whatever type of brew were doing that day.

We currently brew for fun out of my finished, heated barn/shop. We spent a rather messy and, well, messy, first year in my garage. We learned a tonne, mostly the hard way. We've done about 30 brews so far from a dark ale (almost stout) that I put on N2, to dark lagers (Schwarzbier), to golden lager, to rye ale, blonde ale, mead, and our most recent invention (....ie....mistake) our Harvest Moon Copper Lager.

We are going to look at a space in a historic building in Regina's warehouse area tomorrow. Our tentative plan is to use our current gear (will likely add a larger BK and a couple night conicals in the short term), and if/when we catch on then step up to a pro set of gear. Sask is a great spot for the craft industry right now. There are about 10 in the province, most who seem very collegial and cooperative in advancing the whole game, not bickering amongst themselves - its very welcoming and nice to see. We will be able to do growler fills on site, and distribute to whatever bars will have us and we can provide volume for. SK recently passed law allowing us to serve pints at the growler fill station.

Hope you guys don't one a non-pro being here, but I find reading at this level much more my speed. I tried doing 5-10 gallon batches and think it's dumb. I'd I'm gonna put in 8-11 hours, be tired and sore and burn myself, I want some product to show for it!!!

Cheers,

-Jeremy.
    Jeremy Reed
    Co-Founder and President, assistant brewer, amateur electrician, plumber, welder, refrigeration tech, and intermediately swell fella
    The North of 48 Brewing Company
    Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

www.no48.ca

Good luck from alberta.
    BREWSKI

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

Live the dream Jeremy!!

Best of Luck in your venture!!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...