Walk-in cooler & taps design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk-in cooler & taps design

We'll be installing our walk-in cooler in the next week and will have 16 taps direct drawing through the wall into the taproom. We're trying to plan out how to organize the co2 distribution and tap lines and get everything ordered. Attached are a few pictures of how one local brewery composed their regulators for co2 delivery and insulated their shadowbox. In the absence of feedback, we intend to use it as a model for our own construction.

Can anyone suggest alternate approaches based on your experiences? Or affirm that this is a sound way of moving forward?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	194907Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0062.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	194906Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0061.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	194905

Don't isolate the shadow box!

The shadowbox should be at the same temperature as the kegs--most even use a small fan to circulate the cooler air through the shadowbox. Keeping everything cool all the way to the faucets will prevent foaming when starting a pour.

Sorry, looking closer, I see that the shadowbox isn't isolated from the cooler--just very shallow, which negates the need for a blower.

The single secondary regulator/keg is overkill. One regulator that size can handle up to 4 keg stations. The large-diameter CO2 mainline to the 2ndary regs is great.

This is our new keg cooler:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-15 002 New cooler.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	191392

As much as possible, I kept the lines to the kegs as short as practical, to keep them off the floor and prevent tangling. Labeling each faucet and keg station reduces confusion and assures you're pulling the beer you think you are. I've visited a couple of taprooms where it was totally hit-or-miss as to which beer was being served. I hadn't added the labels when this picture was taken.
    Last edited by TGTimm; 03-13-2017, 10:14 AM.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
    X