Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brewpub Logo, Please Give Me Your Opinion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewpub Logo, Please Give Me Your Opinion!

Hello,

I would like you, the professional brewing community, to provide insight and opinion on some possible logos for a brewpub that I am establishing in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. The brewpub is located in the same town as the future home of Virgin Galactic and the Spaceport America Visitor's Center. Thus, the name and theme will reflect the early days of dreaming of spaceflight; with the branding and atmosphere a 1940's/1950's retro look and feel.

I have just secured financing and will close on the building at the end of the month; I expect the build out to take 5-6 months with a target opening of November or December.

A graphic artist in Germany has created 14 logos; I have narrowed them down to the following six. Please take a moment to reflect on them and vote for your favorite; and make comments on any or all of them.

All images are copyright 2010 by Velocity Tree LLC and may not be used without permission (please PM me for details).

Logo One:

Logo Two:

Logo Three:

Logo Four:

Logo Five:

Logo Six:

Many, Many Thanks in advance for your opinion and input!

John
    Logo One, Gold and Blue Banner
    1.61%
    Logo Two, Cartoon Rocket
    20.97%
    Logo Three, Vertical Rocket
    19.35%
    Logo Four, No Rocket
    14.52%
    Logo Five, Rocket and Stars
    11.29%
    Logo Six, Black and White Rocket
    32.26%
    John W.

I cant see them, my anti virus software is hitting those as a risk.
    www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

Originally posted by v2comp
      I cant see them, my anti virus software is hitting those as a risk.
      Fascinating, I cannot imagine why, as they are simple .jpg posted on photobucket. Thoughts?
      John W.

Comment

4 and 6

I liked your design on # 4 for a logo, and #6 for a bottle cap for your 22oz bombers.
        Congrats on location. South of the Owl Bar, North and on the way to Elephant Butte Lake.
        Keep us posted.

Comment

#3, though consider outlining the lettering in fine point black to make it pop more.

#6 for the bottle cap for sure, but only if you're gonna be bottling lots. Do you really need 40 cases of printed caps sitting around doing nothing unless you're bottling lots of beer?

Comment

My choice is # 6 with the great red colour from number 4. Very clean logo which will print well on glassware, posters, coasters, etc.

Best of luck!

Comment

Number six, but the color of four. Beware the complexity of number one, as when you go to put it on classes and T's, it will cost much more.

Comment

I like 3

I like number 3 but would only use it if I was really going to play up the fact that it will be a "spaceport" kind of theme. I think 4 is a little more subtle and clean for the pub. I'm with moonlight on using 3's colors though.

Number 5 and 6 remind me of a patch on the shoulder of an astronauts flight suit. All good stuff!

Comment

Voted for #3 but my security software doesn't like your pics!!

Total threats found: 4

Viruses (what's this?)
                  Threats found: 4
                  Here is a complete list:

Threat Name: Bloodhound.Exploit.281
                  Location: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/08...hilly/5555.gif

Location: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ink__heart.gif

Location: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...000a8c0dya.gif

Location: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...o_negative.gif

Comment

Spaceport logo

I like #6 but with some color. You will notice that most successful brewery logos have a classic element to them. I felt that #1 and #2 seemed like a poster for a conference. #6 is classic, has a touch of old school sci-fi in it and would be versatile to use...

Comment

i concur with the "masses" 6 with the color of 4.

Comment

I was conflicted as well between 4 and 6. I voted for #4 because I am apparently in a minimalist frame of mind, though I agree that #6 would be pretty striking if done with the coloring of the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott M
                          Voted for #3 but my security software doesn't like your pics!!

Total threats found: 4

Viruses (what's this?)
                          Threats found: 4
                          Here is a complete list:

Location:img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/sillyhilly/5555.gif

Location: img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/Lynn-mee/pink__heart.gif

Location: img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/deathbecomezher/Care%20Bear%20AVS/cid_083a01c49907a2f3e450e000a8c0dya.gif

Location: img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/Chival/th_thchiv_type_o_negative.gif

Thank you for this heads-up. I presently work from home for a German Aerospace company; my computer is thus my life! I am running a McAfee complete suite with background scanning and daily updates and complete system scans once a week. I just disabled my backup drive (as these buggers sometimes hide there) downloaded the most current DAT files, and ran another complete scan. Nothing. The type of worm your software alerted on affects GIFs, and the GIFs are in different directories than where my JPGs reside. Thus, I think your software is set up to scan the complete site - in this case, PhotoBucket - down to a certain directory level and found these in directories 0803, v244, v632, and v190; my logos are all in directory v435.

Note that I disabled the "URL" scripting in my quote so folks don't accidentally click on the GIF links. You might want to go back and do so as well just to prevent anyone from "curiosity clicking."

I hope this clears this up, and thanks again for the heads-up, as one can never be too careful!

Please keep the voting and comments coming, they have been very useful so far.

Best,

John
                          Last edited by theweeb; 06-05-2010, 09:25 AM.
                          John W.

Comment

John...I'm not that sophisticated with security software, I run Norton 360 Premier and none of the other links to photobucket pop the security alert, just yours. I wouldn't know where to look to tell you the settings on this stuff, I just know it works!!

We ran McAffe in the agency because they were the lowest bidder...something to think about.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for providing insight and great suggestions for improving some of the logos. I will keep these up for a few more days just in case anyone else has input.

Best Regards,

John
                              John W.

Comment

Working...
                              X