Mugclub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugclub

I'm having a problem keeping mugs numbered. I'm using self-stick vinyl numbers from the office supply, but even after a top coat of clear nail polish, they are coming off.
    The mugs have dimples on the bottom so placement has to be on the flat side of the glass. any suggestions short of sending them out for acid etching/engravement?
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

nail polish

Have you tried writing the numbers on with nail polish? My friends have mugs that are painted with it (everyone has their own mug with their name on it at their house) and they go through the dishwasher no problem. Might work...
    Cheers
    Jay Stoyanoff
    Brewmaster
    Plattsburgh Brewing Co.
    Plattsburgh, NY

Comment

Engraver

We have a $20 or $30 dremel engraver that we use to engrave our mugs. Super cheap and won't ever come off.
      We engrave the bottom where the glass is thickest. Takes less than a minute per mug.

Comment

Not to change the subject, but what kind of glass mugs are you using? I want to do a mug club in my tap room but I don't want to use ceramic like a lot of places.

Thanks,
        Tim

Comment

Brother ptouch

Brother ptouch with the laminated tape.
          Works great..withstands hundreds..no thousands of dishwashings
          Have tried other solutions..including nail polish..paint pens..this one works best

Comment

Sample model

This is similar to the model we use

Ours does bar code too..for asset tracking our kegs.
            Been using it for 8 years
            Tough stuff....highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Briggs
              any suggestions short of sending them out for acid etching/engravement?
              I'm sure you can buy kits to do that in-house.

You could have numbered nucleation sites in the bottom of each mug.

Comment

Felt

One of the brew pubs in town actually used a felt circle with a sharpie written number. The flet was then glued on the bottom of the mug.
                Cheers!
                -Alan

Comment

Working...
                X