1-2 gallon disposable containers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-2 gallon disposable containers

Our brewery is located near a concert venue with camping and festivals that happen during the summer. We think we could get a decent amount of business from here but they do not allow glass containers in their parking lots. Does anyone have experience with any larger 1 to 2 gallon containers that we could sell to concert goers? I would slap our name and surgeon general warning on them. Our state says we can sell in any size container, as long as our name is on it.

Thanks,

Rich

We were recently in the Denver area and a lot of the breweries/brewpubs were selling party pigs. Some were returnable for a deposit and others sold them no return. They are recycleable, so either way is good. (though I wouldn't wanna be the one to clean and sanitize for refilling.) They hold 2.25 gallons and were priced anywhere from $30 to $45 based on what beer is being sold.

Comment

Rigger

On a recent visit to New Zealand I experienced that many of their craft breweries fill 1.25L and 2L amber tinted PET bottles just as we fill growlers. You can bring your "reused" Rigger in and the brewery will refill and thread on a new cap with seal-lock ring (like on a brand new PET bottle of soda). Or a new Rigger was $2NZ plus the cost of a fill.

I also learned why they do not call them "Growlers". They refer to them as "Riggers". But that's for another post...

I have not found a good source for amber tinted 2L PET bottles yet (haven't looked too hard yet).

I am only aware or two concerns that have been brought up about PET bottles. 1 - Non-tinted PET bottles would let in UV light. 2 - Most PET bottles have no barrier to protect from CO2 egress and O2 ingress. But I would consider these non-factors for the temporary handling of beer in a Growler.

May be something to consider.

Mike

Comment

what about milk jugs? If you need 38mm-single thread lead (38-400 Neck Finish), tamper evident milk caps contact me. I mold them out of HDPE which is the same resin used for milk jugs and fermenting buckets.
        Chicago Brewing Supply
        bmason@chicago-brew.com
        (773) 442-2455

Comment

Working...
        X