Cleaning Kegs for Other People/Businesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Kegs for Other People/Businesses

So, we have taken on cleaning kegs for people and other businesses in town that do not necessarily put our product in them. We gladly, and freely, clean kegs for people that put our beer in them but the people we are cleaning for are not doing so. We have yet to charge them but wondered, what are other people charging to clean kegs?

My boss found a thread that said industry average was between $2-5 per keg. If there weren't a lot of kegs, they were charging on the high end, but if there were a lot they would go closer to $2. Is that accurate?

Anybody out there charging to clean kegs as a service?

I charge a flat fee for of $10 for customer kegs that want theirs filled. I manual clean there kegs son that is why I charge more.

Comment

We have let another brewery come in and clean kegs on our machine when theirs was down (and they have reciprocated). We agreed on $2.50 a keg, if I remember right. It's good to have a relationship with another brewery in case something like that happens.
      Linus Hall
      Yazoo Brewing
      Nashville, TN
      www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

split the middle

We ended up splitting the middle and charging $3.50 a keg. It's a good relationship for us to foster and we felt this was pretty fair.

Comment

Working...
        X