cant find a location... O.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant find a location... O.C.

Damn, finding the perfect location has been tough. Landlords arent looking to lease out to a start up brewery here in O.C. So now im going to my 2nd option.

Looking at a spot thats 3500 sqft. Well be bringing in a 15bbl brewhouse with some 30bbl fermenters. for the first year, well be brewing 15bbl 1 x a week for 50 weeks (750 bbls year). 2nd year, well plan to do 15bbl 2 x a week ore or less for 50 weeks (1500 bbls year) or (2000 bbls year). We'll have a temporary small tasting room for the first year just to establish ourselves, creating business history and then shop around for our ideal cellar (wild and brett beers) and tasting room. Once we find that spot for our permanent tasting room, we'll have a bit more space at the original location for more fermentation space.

so, is 3500 sqft good to start with for the first 2 years brewing only 1 to 2 times a week?

Sounds Small

I tried to use a 4,000 square foot building for a 10bbl brewery and just couldn't make it work. You might have to go that small in Orange County and sacrifice taproom space. After brew house, fermenters, brite tanks, cooler, restrooms, etc... how much room do you think you'll have for the bar and seating area? Occupancy of maybe 50? Good luck, though.

Comment

oc ?
      what state

ca or fl have oc's

Comment

I won't be having any brite tanks, all unitanks. I don't want such a big place in a place I'm not very happy with. The place would be just the production spot and temporary tasting room and would transfer that tasting room in a better location after the first year. The old tasting room would be replaced with more tanks. I just need to show business history to the landlords cause that was the biggest reason for being rejected.

California Orange county

Comment

i was under the impression anaheim was welcoming new brewerys ?
          what is the problems with landlords ?
          $ is $ right ?

hope it works out for u and i would like to hear more i am in so cal also

Comment

They are welcoming new breweries, but landlords in Anaheim want business history and dont want their offices destroyed and flooring ripped up. They would rather have a tenant that would use the offices.

Comment

Working...
            X