Ampco Pump Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampco Pump Power

I have been in operation for roughly 3 months now and I am still ironing out the kinks.

I bought a used AMPCO 1hp sanitary pump. I finally got my electrical panel fixed and rewired to be able to use the pump and I am having trouble with my transfers. The pump works great for CIP and just regular transfers, feels like it is going to blow my kettle apart during CIP.
    When I use it for transfer to my fermenters it seems to be severely underpowered going through the HX. I have a 16 plate HX from Thermaline, I have my oxygenation assembly placed on the wort outlet of the HX, and I am using all 1-1/2" hose.

I am wondering how much flow everyone else is getting out of the HX. It seems that I am getting a small flow, barely enough to get the bottom of the oxygen stone submerged.

Is this normal or should the sight glass on my assembly be fairly full? Thanks for any advice

Andy

Hi Andy,

What size pump did you get and what HP and RPM? Also what is the design flow and pressure drop on the heat exchanger?

If you want to call me tomorrow with the specifications on the pump and the heat exchanger I can help you troubleshoot the problem.

Best regards

Don
    Your CPE Systems Team!
    CPE Systems Inc.
    800-668-2268
    CPEsystems.com
    Thinkpumps.com
    sales@cpesystems.com

Comment

Awesome Don. I will definitely give you a call tomorrow once I know the specifics.
      Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X