No announcement yet.

delong systems and equipment- any opinions/advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up my 2bbl HLT/MT/BK from Stout last week. The equipment is very well made - very clean welds, great finish and the stainless is high quality. Dealing with John and his team has been easy and informative - they even custom designed a combo grant/hop back for me.
    In my prior life I was in charge of overseas sourcing of machined parts, optical components and electronics for a microscope manufacturer. I have years of experience dealing with manufacturers from China, India and all over Europe. Direct sourcing my brew equipment wasn't an option. I know first hand the problems that arise and the difficulties that one can face trying to resolve issues. I have way to many things on my plate in trying to start a brewery to add outsourcing to the list. I would advise anyone considering this route to thoroughly investigate your source and make sure you include ALL your freight costs, import fees and taxes when comparing prices.
    Looking forward to getting my Fermenters and Brite tank from Stout in the next couple weeks.

That's my 2 cents
    Eric
    Cole Street Brewery
    Enumclaw WA
    Prost!
    Eric Brandjes
    Cole Street Brewery
    Enumclaw, WA

Comment

I purchased a complete brewhouse directly from china and they were very helpful with everything every step of the way. I do not have it yet but as soon as I do I will post some pictures of it up. I talked to two other guys from here that are using it before I purchased mine and they both said that they love it, they both said it was a great price, looked nice, functions well, and had quality welding done on them. Here is a picture of the fermenters and the brewing equipment that they sent me.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Eclectic Ales; 11-12-2014, 07:01 AM.
      Ben Pugh
      Meddlesome Brewing Company
      Memphis, TN

Eclectic Ales
      Memphis, Tn

Comment

Chinese garbage

DSE Tanks: We bought two fermenters and two bright tanks from them last year and they are complete garbage. The glycol in one bright tank did not flow so we had to bring in a welder to cut the tank open and install a return port farther up stream taking out a large portion of the tank to be chilled. One of our fermenters had a hole in the paper thin welding inside a ferrule that was leaking into the insulation space. Again we had to bring in a welder to fix that problem. These tanks are mass produced garbage not even worth the "savings" in my opinion. PM me if you want more information.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	190797Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	190797
        Last edited by KBC2008; 11-14-2015, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Stout Tanks and Kettles

Having had direct business dealings with Stout Tanks and Kettles (along with a Brewmation control panel) I can say I would recommend both companies to everyone. John (and Eric) have been wonderful to deal with and they ship items out that are in stock very, very quickly. In fact, I'll be placing an order for pressure and temperature gauges for my glycol system on Monday...
          Kevin Shertz
          Chester River Brewing Company
          Chestertown, MD

Comment

Originally posted by Eclectic Ales View Post
            I purchased a complete brewhouse directly from china and they were very helpful with everything every step of the way. I do not have it yet but as soon as I do I will post some pictures of it up. I talked to two other guys from here that are using it before I purchased mine and they both said that they love it, they both said it was a great price, looked nice, functions well, and had quality welding done on them. Here is a picture of the fermenters and the brewing equipment that they sent me.

Are these 7bbl fermenters? Could you hook me up with the name of your supplier and who to talk to? I need to get some more fermenters relatively soon.

Comment

Do not buy equipment from DSE. Their equipment is extremely low quality and they are crooks (See my post here).

Comment

I have had very good dealings with Frank and the guys at PBST. Chinese made, owner lives in California, and you do all the transactions through a US bank. We had a few minor problems, pinhole leak in hot liquor tank, and a pinhole leak on one of the welds on a pipe, both were fixed by PBST with a welder that they found to do the work. Delivery was on time, and we were invited to visit the factory outside of Shanghai, which I would tell anyone that is buying from China to do. I would recommend them to anyone on a budget.

-Justin Beardsley
                Brewmaster
                Eight Bridges Brewing, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                X