Canadian Suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Suppliers

I am looking for some help finding Canadian suppliers. I am currently putting together a business plan to start a small 3-5bbl brewery and tap room in Regina or Edmonton (still researching which government will make this easiest on me). My issue is finding Canadian suppliers. I have come to the conclusion most of my purchases will need to come from the states but because our dollar is so poor right now I would like to find other suppliers in Canada. Western Canada preferably to keep shipping costs down. The Biggest things will be malt, hops, bottles and equipment (thinking this will all be custom fab'ed or glacier tanks but thought maybe someone knew of a Canadian supplier). If there is anything like BSG that would be great or if anyone has any experience importing through BSG.

Thanks if advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country Malt Group has several Canadian locations, including Alberta (hops, malt, and other ingredients): http://countrymaltgroup.com/contact-us/

United Bottles is Quebec-based (bottles, growlers, one way kegs): http://www.unitedbottles.com/

DME Brewing Solutions is PEI-based (full breweries): http://www.dmebrewing.com/
    Last edited by NS_Nano; 01-09-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I buy most of my malt from BSG and most of my hops from Canada Malting (the canadian arm of country malting).

Comment

Originally posted by NS_Nano View Post
        Country Malt Group has several Canadian locations, including Alberta (hops, malt, and other ingredients): http://countrymaltgroup.com/contact-us/

United Bottles is Quebec-based (bottles, growlers, one way kegs): http://www.unitedbottles.com/

DME Brewing Solutions is PEI-based (full breweries): http://www.dmebrewing.com/
        Thanks for the links. I don't know why but for some reason I had it in my head that DME was out of Italy or somewhere in Europe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

We get bottles (650ml) from ampak in Edmonton. Most of our glassware comes from zenan, but I know Edmonton had a few options. We use cmg for malt, bsg for dry yeast. There are plenty of bc based hop options. Dme and nsi are now one and the same, and nsi is abbotsford if looking for Canadian equipment

Comment

brewery systems

Hi

website=www.ripleystainless.com

we supply all brewery equipment from brew houses' to chillers to milling equipment .Based out of Summerland BC and all made in BC

send me an email Wayne@ripleystainless.com

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dmartin View Post
              We get bottles (650ml) from ampak in Edmonton. Most of our glassware comes from zenan, but I know Edmonton had a few options. We use cmg for malt, bsg for dry yeast. There are plenty of bc based hop options. Dme and nsi are now one and the same, and nsi is abbotsford if looking for Canadian equipment

Do you have a website or contact for ampak? I can only find them in Quebec. Thanks for the links. I have contacted cmg for pricing. Hope to hear back soon. Looks like there very close to edmonton. How have you found the legislations here in Alberta. We are trying to determine if alberta or sask are the place to open the business. Have the option of relocating to Regina beach.

Comment

[QUOTE=nsenff;188141I buy most of my malt from BSG and most of my hops from Canada Malting (the canadian arm of country malting).[/QUOTE]

I agree, BSG are great, I use them for Malt, Hops directly from Yakima Chief, Fermentis yeast, whirlfloc, Irish moss enzymes etc, the list goes on, great service and fast delivery out of either ontario or B.C.

Comment

Originally posted by arrkev View Post
                  I agree, BSG are great, I use them for Malt, Hops directly from Yakima Chief, Fermentis yeast, whirlfloc, Irish moss enzymes etc, the list goes on, great service and fast delivery out of either ontario or B.C.
                  BSG out of Ontario or BC? I'm confused. I thought they were American. Am I missing something on there website?

Comment

Originally posted by Izzie1701 View Post
                    Do you have a website or contact for ampak? I can only find them in Quebec. Thanks for the links. I have contacted cmg for pricing. Hope to hear back soon. Looks like there very close to edmonton. How have you found the legislations here in Alberta. We are trying to determine if alberta or sask are the place to open the business. Have the option of relocating to Regina beach.

I googled ampak Edmonton, the number is the first thing that shows up. As for legislation, I would look more into market. Alberta is exploding with new breweries right now, but from what I hear Saskatchewan isn't far behind. I think there would be a number of different things I would look at first before using provincial legislation to make a decision

Comment

Originally posted by dmartin View Post
                      I googled ampak Edmonton, the number is the first thing that shows up. As for legislation, I would look more into market. Alberta is exploding with new breweries right now, but from what I hear Saskatchewan isn't far behind. I think there would be a number of different things I would look at first before using provincial legislation to make a decision

Got it now. When I yahoo searched it it just took me to there website ampak.ca which is all Quebec. When I googled it the google my business has an Edmonton number but the website is still Quebec. Weird but will give them a call in the morning.

We are taking all things into consideration. Regina would be our first choice as the competition looks a little slower and it is my home province. Legislation is just one of the many considerations we are taking into affect. Still looking into property as well and product availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Izzie1701 View Post
                        BSG out of Ontario or BC? I'm confused. I thought they were American. Am I missing something on there website?

Gilbertson & Page (Ontario, Quebec, West) is now BSG.

Comment

Originally posted by mswebb View Post
                          Gilbertson & Page (Ontario, Quebec, West) is now BSG.
                          And they have just opened up a distribution Warehouse in Vancouver. www.bsgcanada.com

Comment

Working...
                          X