Tri Clamp / Fittin Organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tri Clamp / Fittin Organization

Hello all, this will be my first post on here although I've been lurking for some time now!

We're opening a small brewpub soon using our existing 1bbl system and in the last year or so as we've expanded our operation we have tons of misc. fittings that are used for this and that, that aren't always in use. Lots of clamps and gaskets, camlocks that got swapped out with tri clamps.

Anyway, my question is how or what do you guys do to keep everything organized? A peg board in the new place is probably what I'd consider but I'm really just looking for a more professional alternative to taking up wall space in such a small area.

Thanks in advance!

I've seen CIP carts that have peg boards included on them. Of course depending on what you want you could just make it a cart without the CIP skid. That way you can just cart the parts to where ever in the brewery you are working for easy access. This isn't as useful if you have more than one person working in the brewery at a time as you'll be fighting over the cart.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodNewsBrewing View Post
      ... camlocks that got swapped out with tri clamps.
      Get rid of those camlocks if you're not using them! It's too easy to start letting old fittings and other unneeded parts accumulate 'til you're swamped.

We moved a bunch of camlocks a few years ago, and they sold quickly.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
        Get rid of those camlocks if you're not using them! It's too easy to start letting old fittings and other unneeded parts accumulate 'til you're swamped.

We moved a bunch of camlocks a few years ago, and they sold quickly.
        We use them occasionally for something new we're trying, most of what is in there is male and female dust plugs but I hear what you're saying. Speaking of, we have about $700 worth of polysulfone quick connects that got swapped out for stainless fittings. Any ideas where I can post them to get some cash back??

Comment

Novel Idea...peg board

Was reciently at Mad Moon, a cider brewery, and they had a rolling peg board that allowed utilization of both sides with a lower basket. May consider it if you want to save on floor space and like the convience of taking it all with you from project to project. Just a thought.Click image for larger version

Name:	peg board.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	191294 (hope my picture attachment comes through)

Comment

GNB--I was able to sell most of the ones we had to local wildland firefighters. Camlocks are pretty standard for them. You might inquire at a fire station if you don't know anyone in the wildland fire business.
            Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
            Terminal Gravity Brewing,
            Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
            X