Cask SAMS Canner Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cask SAMS Canner Accessories

I have a Cask SAMS 1.0 3-head canning line. Currently it takes 4-5 people to operate:
    1. Loader / Rinser
    2. Operator
    3. Unloader / final-rinser / weigher
    4. Packager

I am looking to optimize the process using additional equipment. Looking for recommendations if anyone has used a converyor, rinser, palletizer, etc. that might help bring down manpower required to 2 people.

I'd be interested in hearing about any modifications to speed up a Cask SAMS and reduce the labor as well.

Comment

I am also interested. Someone has to have done something!

Comment

Before making an investment into new equipment you can look at your set up.
        A SAMS Cask line should easily be run by 3 people:
        1. Loader/ rinser
        2. Operator/unloader/rinser/weigher ( when the line is running the weights should consistent)
        3. Packer

With a speed of maximum 15 cans per minute this should be achievable.

For a Cask line to run great it has to run constantly and try to avoid downtime.

How many HL's per run are you canning?

I've worked and troubleshoot on Cask canning lines for many years and the SAMS lines are great machines when everything is setup properly.

Looking forward how it turned out ;-)

Cheers,

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Belgian Craft View Post
          Before making an investment into new equipment you can look at your set up.
          A SAMS Cask line should easily be run by 3 people:
          1. Loader/ rinser
          2. Operator/unloader/rinser/weigher ( when the line is running the weights should consistent)
          3. Packer

With a speed of maximum 15 cans per minute this should be achievable.

For a Cask line to run great it has to run constantly and try to avoid downtime.

How many HL's per run are you canning?

I've worked and troubleshoot on Cask canning lines for many years and the SAMS lines are great machines when everything is setup properly.

Looking forward how it turned out ;-)

Cheers,

Marc
          Marc is on the money with the amount of people running a SAMS. We have been doing it with three people like Marc for many years.

cheers

Comment

We automated the SAMs line with equipment we built that allows you to run the SAMs with one person, no problem. We bought two of these back in 2012 to use for mobile canning and still run both lines in parallel with 3 people, easily. Shoot me a message if you want to see some pics or videos.

Comment

automating a SAMS

Originally posted by daver View Post
              We automated the SAMs line with equipment we built that allows you to run the SAMs with one person, no problem. We bought two of these back in 2012 to use for mobile canning and still run both lines in parallel with 3 people, easily. Shoot me a message if you want to see some pics or videos.
              Would really appreciate video on how you accomplished this. Thanks in advance. jallen (at) drinkpropeller.ca

Comment

Cask Automation

Here's a video of our dual Cask setup (with only one side running a sample keg). You can see the rotary infeed with flip rinser, the splitter to feed both lines, and the finger that shoves cans under the fill heads.

https://youtu.be/-Glbzl6JdW4

Comment

Originally posted by daver View Post
                  Here's a video of our dual Cask setup (with only one side running a sample keg). You can see the rotary infeed with flip rinser, the splitter to feed both lines, and the finger that shoves cans under the fill heads.

https://youtu.be/-Glbzl6JdW4
                  I know this is an old thread but if you have any more photos / specs you can shoot me on this modification it would be awesome.

We currently run our SAMS with two people (and get about 750-800 cans an hour) but it is hard work !

Thanks in advance
                  David [at] thecoastalbrewingcompany.com

Comment

Working...
                  X