Walk in cooler Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk in cooler Tips

Just wanted to hear the forums input on the matter of walk in coolers for a startup packaging brewery.

I can't afford to go crazy with the size was thinking was thinking around 300 sq/ft. We will also have our tapped kegs for the taproom in the cooler.

Any tips on size? Dimensions?

Will use a pallet jack to get the kegs in and out. no forklift access.

Thanks
    Ben Davis
    Intuition Ale Works
    Jacksonville Florida
    www.intuitionaleworks.com

We used a refrigerated container for the first year. Worked great and then we put a cooler in when we had positive cash flow.

We still use the container for packaged beer, but it's hard to keep it clean out in the parking lot. We paid about $4200 for it...way cheap.

Comment

I guess the important question is how much are you packaging?

I'm currently having an engineer design a walk-in for us, expecting a response any day now. Size is also an issue for us and we're thinking about a similar size, though ceiling clearance is high, which helps. I'll share the results.

If anyone else wants to chime in and throw out advice, I'd appreciate it too!
      www.devilcraft.jp
      www.japanbeertimes.com

Comment

The cooler I built at AleWerks is just under 400 sqft. It does have a garage door type door on it so we can drive the forklift into it, however we can only drive straight in and out so it is not much use that way. We used the fork to stack the pallets of kegs 3 high and the pallet jacked them into place.

We could fit a lot of beer in there but it was not the ideal situation. We would constantly have to pull lots out to make up an order and if I did it again I would rethink it around the number of types I was storing in it.

R/
        Mike Pensinger
        General Manager/Brewmaster
        Parkway Brewing Company
        Salem, VA

Comment

Working...
        X