Float Switch (grant transfer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float Switch (grant transfer)

I'm looking for a suitable float switch to secure into my grant and actuate a pump for wort transfer. I've scene a few low cost stainless float switches out there but the distance between on and off is so small that the pump would be kicking on and off every couple seconds.

Anyone successfully using and know of where I can find a float switch that would allow for at least 6" or so of fill level before kicking the pump on?

Thanks

This is what I recently installed:

I got these form an ebay store for about $10 a piece. Both are rigged up to a PLC which does a set-reset each time the top and bottom sensor are triggered that turns the pump on. You could do the same with some relays.
    Chris Enegren
    www.enegrenbrewing.com

Comment

Thanks a lot, Chris. That was super helpful.

Comment

Or just wire a timer into the circuit.....

Comment

But what if the flowrate changes?
          Chris Enegren
          www.enegrenbrewing.com

Comment

Our hopback has a float switch with at least a ten-inch length on the probe. The display for it also gives a relative volume readout, and I'm fairly sure it can be configured to switch on / switch off at whatever level is required.

Unfortunately I'm at home and the float switch is at work so I can't ID the model for you, but I guess what i'm saying is there ought to be something out there that will cater for what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by kai
              Our hopback has a float switch with at least a ten-inch length on the probe. The display for it also gives a relative volume readout, and I'm fairly sure it can be configured to switch on / switch off at whatever level is required.

Unfortunately I'm at home and the float switch is at work so I can't ID the model for you, but I guess what i'm saying is there ought to be something out there that will cater for what you need.
              Wouldn't mind hearing the model of switch you've got - if you get a chance. Thanks.

Comment

level sensor

Check the parts store at JVNW web site. They have a pretty nice unit there
                Steve Bradt
                Regional Sales Manager
                Micro-Matic Packaging Division
                Eastern United States and Canada
                sbradt@micro-matic.com
                785-766-1921

Comment

I second the JVNW parts website. http://jvnw.com/parts/index.php
                  Look for the Hi-low level control. You just put the stops in the right place, wire it to your grant pump and you're good to go . Ours works perfectly as long as we keep the shaft clean and shiny.

Comment

We have 2 of these on our grant:

Chris Enegren
                    www.enegrenbrewing.com

Comment

Working...
                    X