thermo-couple-trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermo-couple-trouble?

So, I have been fiddling with this TC switch for my HLT. It reads -1. The switch is now obsolete, and the manufacturer has no explanation as to what that code means. I am starting to wonder if it is a bad thermo couple. I replaced the switch, and (despite hours on the phone with tech support, changing parameters and switching wires) it either flashes "2000," or it reads 60+ degrees off. Let's assume I have exhausted every possibility regarding the switch, would you deduct that the thermocouple is the issue?

Jay

"Reach for a beer, glad that I'm here,
    When I realize that your not around."

My guess is its the thermocouple, when I went back in to rebuild a brewery there were several that just did not work any more, we replaced all of them, and then they all worked perfectly. Calibration on several was off as much as 9 deg F(on the hot side). Check with Omega.com if you want the best price and quickest turnaround time. Also make sure your getting exactly the right kind of replacement, dont just assume the one hooked up was the most "right", could have been at the time, or as I found out swapped out later. You also need to make sure the transmission wire is the right type for the thermocouple type. Loose wires and loose connector blocks, any shorts, could give trouble, but once you get the new one in right and calibrated it will be dependable for a very long time. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
    X