Leaking Steam / Weak Boil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Steam / Weak Boil

Help- Leaking steam jacket(s) on a circa 1996 8bbl Pub System. I am only able to hit 206/7 if I am whirlpooling the entire time. Couple questions... how will this constant whirlpool affect flavor. I am aware of DMS production not being released w/o a strong boil. Should I shorten my boil time currently at 75min? Has anyone taken the copper cladding off? any suggestions on getting all those rivets off? Anyone use a electric immersion heater? worried about scorching. Thank You!

I dealt w a similar situation on a 1996 15Bbl Pub system. The bottom jackets are notorious for failing. You should first pressure test both jackets to determine which one or if both are leaking. We ended up installing an internal "Steam Halo" fabricated and installed by one of Premiers welders. I will try and find his contact info. Jeff was his first name and he is well known and respected around the SoCal area where he works. Unfortunately it is usually not practical to repair those jackets depending on the amount of damage.

try welder420@yahoo.com or call Premier.

Comment

Thanks Matt.

Comment

Working...
      X