Am i being hosed by Brew-Stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i being hosed by Brew-Stuff?

I contacted Don at Brew-stuff back in August for a Manual Keg washer. Don told me that he would have them in by mid September. So mid September rolls around and I contact him again he said that they are running late but will def. be in by beginning to mid October and if I wanted one that I need to put the $1000.00 deposit on it to hold one since they sell quick. Mind you all contact has been VIA Email until the point of money being exchanged and Don always got back to me fast.

So we send the money to him and I get not contact from him, no email, no call, nothing. I sent an email asking him to let us know when he got the check, he didn't respond. So I call him and ask about the check and the washer. He said he got the check and that the washers would be in by mid October( Mid Oct is a week or two away at this point) I wait until Oct. 17th to call and now he says they are on the way and does not know exact date but says it will be soon and he said he would contact me when they come in.. Well its Oct. 29th and still nothing.

Any one else have issues with Brew-stuff like this or am I being inpatient . With a money on the line and opening day of the brewery coming up, I am a bit nervous I am getting hosed on this

Not naming names

I have no clue about the situation with Brew-Stuff, and I'm not naming names, but more often than not, the lead times that I've been quoted and reality have differed by several weeks from many suppliers recently. There are a lot of people out there looking (or worse, window shopping) to start small and to save a few bucks and the few suppliers in these niche markets seem to be overwhelmed by the demand. It sucks when you miss expected production deadlines, but it seems like the 30% rule can be put into play here... Let us know how it turns out.
    Aaren M. Simoncini
    The Beer'd Brewing Co. LLC
    22 Bayview Ave. Unit # 15
    Stonington, CT. 06378
    Aaren@beerdbrewing.com

Comment

Don emailed me last week and said he was in the hospital and he would be out this week. Dunno anything more than that and I don't know him personally.

Comment

brew stuff.com

in my dealings with Don and brew stuff i have found that if you want frustration unfulfilled promises aggravation and high blood pressure then deal with him if you don't want these things then buy from someone else and hopefully you will only have some disappointment.
        my story is long and covers a period of six months that was only supposed to take three.
        you name it it probably happened to us .Late delivery,wrong sizes.incomplete components missing parts.no instructions .no cut sheets . empty promises and in general pissed off customers

Comment

Was there a contract in writing prior to the transaction?

I don't care if it's construction, brewing equipment, whatever, timelines often slip. And the devil in the details is always what sort of contract was ratified for both parties and did it include cancellation/remediation clauses for situations like this.

Hope it all works out, and keep us posted. Good luck...
          Kevin Shertz
          Chester River Brewing Company
          Chestertown, MD

Comment

Also had dealings with this company that really left me and my partner with a bitter taste. After seeing his stuff and liking the price we contacted him and were told he had a full system ready to go. Ask him if we can come pick it up due to proximity he agrees andwe set a date. Next day we call to confirm payment parameters and now are told the pumps are not available ok far enough can we come pick it up still and you can ship us the pumps when they arrive, he doesn't like that option either says they should be I'm the following week. We agree that's acceptable and arrange to speak again when the pumps arrive.

Next week comes around and hear nothing from him, we call and he explains his hospital situation and how it shouldnt be more than a day. Ok can we come pick it up this weekend he agrees and we leave it at that. Weekend is just about there already have the check and truck ready to go come to find out he's still in and wont get out till next week asks me to email him our contact info so he doesn't forget us. I email him my number, the buisness number, my partners number, and both emails. Havent heard a word since so we've washed our hands of trying to deal with this "buisness".
            Bog Water Brewing Co. est 2012 revived 2013

Comment

Brewing equipment

Originally posted by Cobra_Brewing View Post
              I contacted Don at Brew-stuff back in August for a Manual Keg washer. Don told me that he would have them in by mid September. So mid September rolls around and I contact him again he said that they are running late but will def. be in by beginning to mid October and if I wanted one that I need to put the $1000.00 deposit on it to hold one since they sell quick. Mind you all contact has been VIA Email until the point of money being exchanged and Don always got back to me fast.

So we send the money to him and I get not contact from him, no email, no call, nothing. I sent an email asking him to let us know when he got the check, he didn't respond. So I call him and ask about the check and the washer. He said he got the check and that the washers would be in by mid October( Mid Oct is a week or two away at this point) I wait until Oct. 17th to call and now he says they are on the way and does not know exact date but says it will be soon and he said he would contact me when they come in.. Well its Oct. 29th and still nothing.

Any one else have issues with Brew-stuff like this or am I being inpatient . With a money on the line and opening day of the brewery coming up, I am a bit nervous I am getting hosed on this

Have you tried Neal Knapp?

Comment

I have been trying to buy a CIP pump for weeks now... amazing how some people just won't take your money!

Comment

In the immortal words of Fry:

Click image for larger version

Name:	acb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	190235
                  Russell Everett
                  Co-Founder / Head Brewer
                  Bainbridge Island Brewing
                  Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment