vapor stack size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vapor stack size?

My 5bbl kettle has a condensate stack on it that doesn't do much more than fill the room up with steam. I have a 4" clamp on the top of the kettle that I can attach a stack to and remove the condensing stack completely. my question is will a 4" vapor stack be big enough and it also has to about 20' up to get out of the building. Is this doable?
    Ben Pugh
    Meddlesome Brewing Company
    Memphis, TN

Eclectic Ales
    Memphis, Tn

Some jurisdictions will require the condensate leg of the stack.... you could always consider adding a fan to your existing stack to see if it helps remove the moisture.
    Kevin Shertz
    Chester River Brewing Company
    Chestertown, MD

Comment

Originally posted by ChesterBrew View Post
      Some jurisdictions will require the condensate leg of the stack.... you could always consider adding a fan to your existing stack to see if it helps remove the moisture.
      The kettle is currently internally vented and does not have a condensate leg because it has a vapor condensor. I have no problem adding a condensate leg to a stack at all. Do you think a 4" vapor stack is big enough or sould it be larger?
      Ben Pugh
      Memphis, TN

Eclectic Ales
      Memphis, Tn

Comment

Stack diameter is commonly 1/6 to 1/8 the diameter of the kettle.
        Paul Thomas
        Brewer
        Sockeye Brewing
        www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

Condensate Unit

Does your system have a condensate system like this? or is it a Stack Condensate unit at the top of the kettle and some vapor is sent to room.?

Lance
          Tonopah Brewing
          Nevada USA
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nohandslance View Post
            Does your system have a condensate system like this? or is it a Stack Condensate unit at the top of the kettle and some vapor is sent to room.?

Lance
            Tonopah Brewing
            Nevada USA
            It does not look like that at all it is a stack condensate unit and it sends a lot of vapor into the room. I think it was just a bad design.
            Last edited by Eclectic Ales; 01-09-2014, 02:22 PM.
            Ben Pugh
            Memphis, TN

Eclectic Ales
            Memphis, Tn

Comment

Working...
            X