Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resource for planning/setting up / layout of a nano brewery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resource for planning/setting up / layout of a nano brewery?

Does anyone know of a resource (whether its online, a book, a video, this forum, etc) that shows step by step setting up a small brewery? I'm looking to find out what equipment and parts I will need. I know I want a 3bbl system or smaller (this is just going to be a test), I plan on using plastic conical fermenters, I was wondering if anyone had exact information on the parts I'd need. thanks

Originally posted by golfer View Post
    Does anyone know of a resource (whether its online, a book, a video, this forum, etc) that shows step by step setting up a small brewery? I'm looking to find out what equipment and parts I will need. I know I want a 3bbl system or smaller (this is just going to be a test), I plan on using plastic conical fermenters, I was wondering if anyone had exact information on the parts I'd need. thanks
    This is a very broad question. Have you spent any time working in a production environment? I would suggest trying to get a bit of hands on with the day to day processes and then much of what you need will be easy to see. Doing the work every day will really help to flesh out what will work for you and your process. Ask 10 brewers what you need and you'll get 15 answers usually starting with "that depends".

We're just coming out of our pilot/test phase with a new brewery building being built to suit our needs. This comes after time spent "interning" with breweries of various sizes, researching and base planning, opening/operating our test phase brewery, researching and planning our full scale production brewery.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh but what you need is really dependant on what/how you plan to brew, what you bring to the table and your ability to adapt available parts to meet your needs.

Comment

there are just so many options out there, that its hard to narrow down what I want vs what I need.

Comment

Well, here's one place to start...

Comment

Brewery Operarions Manual

Definitely get the Brewery Operations Manual by Tom Hennessy. It will answer a vast majority of your questions. I would recommend trying to start with a larger system. 5bbl-7bbl, minimum, will help you get a better start.
          Last edited by Catfish002; 12-08-2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

thanks for the link to the book, I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X