Power Gas Burner Air Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Gas Burner Air Supply

We are soon installing a pair of Economite burners and I'm concerned that the brewhouse area won't support the 50 cu. ft. per 1000 btu combustion air requirment if both were to be operating full bore (worst case scenario). These burners do not have accommodations for a fresh air intake flue to be directly mounted. A Midco representative told me he's seen cases where a fresh air intake was installed as close to the burner intake as was possible without directly mounting to it. I plan on contacting a ventilation technician for the final install, but I was curious if anyone has any experience with this type of install or an acceptable alternative. I'd prefer to keep the spaces relatively separated from one another and will consider open vents to "expand" usable air volume as a last resort. Any suggestions?

How about any suggestions or experience for make-up air systems in general for direct fire brewing?
    Last edited by jags0401; 04-04-2016, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Here in CA, for the most part, you need to be able to have enough air flowing into the building to counter the amount of air going out in the flue. This can be anything from roof vents with enough square inches of opening, to makeup air vents that come from the roof and go down to 18" or so above the floor. Your best bet is to contact a mechanical engineer in the area, he can tell you exactly what you need to do to meet the codes.

Comment

Working...
      X