Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serving from Brites - two bottom outlets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serving from Brites - two bottom outlets?

We are going to be ordering our equipment in the upcoming weeks and recently I was advised by someone that serves out of his brites to custom order mine with two bottom outlets. One to serve from and the other one to have in case you need it for other tasks which will avoid any downtime for servicing the tasting room. I thought this was a really good idea. Curious what others out there that serve from brites do. Do you make it work with just one bottom outlet? Is having two just a 'nice to have' option, but not necessary? Thanks.

It seems like a "T" at the bottom of the outlet would accomplish the same thing as two outlets.
    Troy Robinson
    Quirk Brewing
    Walla Walla

Comment

yeah it seems like extra money for something maybe redundant. just wondering if I'm missing something obvious that he would achieve from having two instead of one.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Comment

I worked with brites that had a t with 2 valves on the bottom pipe. It worked well. Can't see the extra cost for another pipe would really pay off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
        Scott Strain
        President
        Kros Strain Brewing

Comment

Originally posted by vaughan
          Typically, with a dual bottom outlet, one of the outlets has a "standpipe". This is the outlet you serve or keg from. The other outlet is a drain. I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Vaughan Clark
          Specific Mechanical Systems
          Vaughan@specific.net

By the way, if you are seeking a quotation for your new brewing system, don't hesitate to give me a call.
          Our tanks typically have a sample port right around the 3bbl mark which we run a hose from for serving. We don't use the standpipe, but ours came with one. We filter most beers so don't really have much sediment. We'll usually drain to kegs well before the 3bbl mark. Also, we CIP under pressure so the standpipe would prevent that as well.

For the record, some of our tanks are from Specific and we have been very happy with them so far.

Comment

Are you serving from a brite tank or a serving tank. Brite tanks typically dont have cooling jackets all the way to the bottom and the bottom part of the tank can get much warmer. Thus you might be getting some foam issues as you serve it
            Mike Eme
            Brewmaster

Comment

Thanks guys. All good points! We will be serving from our brites so the jackets not coming down to the bottom is definitely something we will have to consider and will have to think about for foaming if serving from the bottom outlet. I like the idea of serving from a sample port and kegging off below that.

Comment

Originally posted by coastbrew View Post
                Thanks guys. All good points! We will be serving from our brites so the jackets not coming down to the bottom is definitely something we will have to consider and will have to think about for foaming if serving from the bottom outlet. I like the idea of serving from a sample port and kegging off below that.
                if you do that you will need to get another sample port to put on the upper outlet so you can test your carb level (if you do that) but drawing from the sample port is a good idea it is the highest point and usually well in the jacketed area
                Mike Eme
                Brewmaster

Comment

Working...
                X