Water Service Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Service Size?

As we finalize details on our 8.5BBL Micro/Brewpub, the question of water service size has come up. Plans are for a 85 seat TapRoom and a Steam fired BrewHouse. Wort cooling is combined water and Glycol. Present service is 1"@80psi. Any thoughts, comments? Thanks for the input!

Ta
    Mark

For comparison, I currently limp along with a 10bbl brewhouse, a 5/8" water service that puts out 45psi, and a measley 5 gpm. Summer knockouts are a bit long, but I'm fine the rest of the year.

No one can flush though!!!

Maybe someday when I'm in my own building, I can improve this.

Cheers,
    Scott

Comment

You should be OK. Once they put in the RPZ's you will see a big strain on your system during peek hours during knck out and or cleaning. The RPZ's will knock down your 80 psi to about 20% less flow. The best idea, if affordable is two branches off the main both with the code needed RPZ's one to the brewery and one to the kitchen. That way you are drawing off from the main with out one robbing from the other earlier in the line. I have done done over 10 brewpubs and this is my recommendation each time. Good Luck
      BrewerAllyn

Comment

Working...
      X