Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Ring Main and Control Board

Hey all,

I'm currently tasked with designing and constructing a CO2 ring main to supply 7 tanks (1 x 40h, 5 x 20h, 1x10h) and a canning machine complete with control board being supplied by a bank of 15 gas bottles with 2 primary outputs. I was planning on joining the two outs of the co2 bottle bank in to the board and seperate them down in to 9 secondary regulators. Reg 1 - for tank top pressure, supplying all tanks. Regs 2 - 8 to control carb stones. Reg 9 to the canning line.

Can anyone see any issues with this?

I was planning on piping with pneumatic/air line grade, have a non-return and shut off taps on each gas outputs as well as each of the regulator outputs. My only other slight niggle with this is, currently we use imperial (john guest style that are used in bars) push fittings on each tank. The higher pressure rated pneumatic push fittings are all metric sized and means complete over hauling, new fittings for everything. There's not a problem with doing this, just wondered if it may be overkill.

Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheer

Tom

Why not put a secondary regulator at each point of use and have the main run at a higher pressure. This way you get more flow rate and don't have to run nearly as much line since it is one main, and then a bunch of short drops.

Comment

We run our mains at ~120psi from the primary regulator at the vaporizer. Secondary regs at the point-of use drop the pressure to the use pressure. Using 1/2" PEX for the main, with 30 gal. surge tanks at high point-of-use machines--like the bottler and keg washer--works just fine. A ring-style mains is a good idea, but we feed several hundred feet in one line.

I've had no problem finding John-Guest-style fitting in ASE sizes. Ours are Norgren Push-fit. Since the mains pressure is only 120 psi, high-pressure rated fittings aren't needed.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
      X