Water Supply Manifold and tTreatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Supply Manifold and tTreatment

I am in the process of hammering out the fine points of our 10bbl system. I am sizing for 2000bbl output within the first 2 years.

I am running into several design concerns, first:

What're people using for their water filters? All water treatment companies want to do is sell me RO. I know most breweries aren't using RO. I am considering a nanofilter system, but may forgo this after I get our water report back. What size and brand of charcoal and micron filters are you guys happy with? What brands are you using?
    I was looking at these: http://www.raindanceh2ostore.com/sto...er_System.html

We have a 20bbl HLT and CLT with supply pumps. I'd prefer to not add a third reservoir and pump for the roomtemp Nanofiltered water if I can help it. Ideally, for rinsing I would forgo the nanofiltered water for a higher GPM of room temp (charcoal and micron filtered) water and blend this with the HLT water.
    Is anyone supplying all their hot water needs through the HLT? How is your brewhouse water supply manifold built? How are your regulating pumps being turned on and off? How are you regulating pressure in the manifold? How are you getting a controlled blend? The strahman blending stations seem absurdly expensive for what they are.
    I'm considering going simple (and cheap) and just having a TC connection after my charcoal/nano for room temp water, and a TC tee off my HLT pump outlet then just clamping my hose where I need it.

You'll need RO only if your feedwater (tap water) water profile indicates a need. I'd say only about a third (maybe a quarter?) of our brewery and distillery customers go for RO and appropriate pre-treatment. Most opt for sediment and chlorine/chloramine removal.

Russ
    Water Treatment Systems & Supplies www.BuckeyeHydro.com
    Info@buckeyehydro.com 513-312-2343

Comment

Working...
    X