Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40x40 filtering 12barrels

greenhorn in need of assistance!
    How long should it take to filter 12 barrels through 40x40 filter using 26 plates-k150 filters. ok ok average time! lets not get too fussy. og 1.055 final 1.014 how long is too long? It has taken me 1.5 hours to filter 6barrels! inlet pressure has not exceeded 3psi. Pump was supposed to be rated at 5psi pressure 50gpm and overcome 17 ft of head manufactured by apv pumps. Any help suggestion would be much appreciated!

An average is 1.5hl /hour /metre2. (1.28 usbbl/hour/metre2)

With 26 plates, you have about 4 metre2 X 1.5hl = 6hl/hour.

Also you inlet pressure seems low. (3psi? or bar?) Our filter sheets recommend a minimum of 7psi (0.5bar) and a maximum △P across the filter of 1.5 bar.(22psi)

Comment

3psi?

If i read this right your problem is the head preassure. You have 8.5psi head plus the resistace of the fiter to overcome with a pump that is undersized. You should be running at least at 30psi inlet and 15 psi outlet without the or 2 bar in and 1 bar out. If your pump cant achive this you can try Co2 preassure of 15psi on the fermentor and 0 on the recieving tank, but you can have foaming and carbonation loss with no preasure on the recieving tank. Or can you filter into anouther tank, then pump it up? Basicaly I think you bought the wrong pump.
      Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
      tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
      "Your results may vary"

Comment

great! stuck with $1,000 pump

Thanks for the help sounds like my application description details with APV were not clear and the pump was misconfigured. Sorry it took so long to reply.

Comment

Working...
        X