Brewery Equipment for Craft Distilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewery Equipment for Craft Distilling

I am looking for a suitable Mash Cooker for supplying a "whiskey" mash for a 1500 Gallon Fermenter. Any such beast available?

Also, as the Craft Distilling movement gets going it might be good to add distilling items to the ProBrewer site. There were a good number of serious Craft Distillers at the 4th Annual American Distiller Conference last week. This year was Rum as the focus - next year it will be Whisky.

Originally posted by GarySped
    I am looking for a suitable Mash Cooker for supplying a "whiskey" mash for a 1500 Gallon Fermenter. Any such beast available?

Also, as the Craft Distilling movement gets going it might be good to add distilling items to the ProBrewer site. There were a good number of serious Craft Distillers at the 4th Annual American Distiller Conference last week. This year was Rum as the focus - next year it will be Whisky.
    Gary,

How were the rums?

Anything exceptional? Beside beer, I like rum.
    Last edited by beertje46; 04-04-2007, 01:06 PM. Reason: content
    Cheers & I'm out!
    David R. Pierce
    NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
    POB 343
    New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Rum Reply

David,

The Rums were pretty good. I only sampled a few but winners of a tasting included Rogue, Phil Prichard (as expected) and Dogfish Head.

Some new laws in one state now allow a Restaurant to have an on Premise Distillery - like Brew Pubs.

We also leaned a lot about Cachaca.

The Whisky Conference will also be held at Huber so you might be able to get there.

By the way it is a famous US Rum Distillery that is looking for the Mash Cooker - so if anyone knows of one or a Brewer who might wish to offer consulting services to get some beer (whisky wash) made let me know.

Comment

Gary, give me a call when you get a chance 615-243-0242.

Thanks,

Linus Hall
        Yazoo Brewing
        Nashville, TN
        Linus Hall
        Yazoo Brewing
        Nashville, TN
        www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Working...
        X