Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serving pressure for kegs sitting at room temperature

Hi all

We have just joined the forum and look forward to learning heaps from the many valuable community members.

We are starting up a nano brewery down here in South Africa and already have clients lined up who will be having our beers on tap as soon as we are fully licensed and ready to go. The majority of bars around here make use of inline water/glycol chillers to chill the beer. The keg sits under the counter, at room temperature.

My question is simple and possibly a bit daft. Do kegs require a different serving pressure when they sit at room temperature (18C to 20C) compared to being at 4C in a keezer for example. I went to check one of the local bar's setups the other day and noticed they had their dispense pressure at 30 something PSI which first startled me but after thinking it through it started to make sense

Basically, should I be referring to a carb chart/calculator to determine the dispense pressure for a keg at room temp? For example our lager is carbed to 2.7 vol and is dispensed at 13 PSI with a keezer set to 4C. Referring to a carb calculator, I should therefore have dispense pressure at 31 PSI for a keg at room temp (20C), would that be correct?
    Last edited by GenesisBrewingCo; 06-12-2022, 12:32 AM.

Yep. You are thinking in the right direction. Don't forget to add proper restriction to your draft lines for that pressure. Refer to the B.A.'s draft beer quality manual if you need help balancing your lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Pivo View Post
      Yep. You are thinking in the right direction. Don't forget to add proper restriction to your draft lines for that pressure. Refer to the B.A.'s draft beer quality manual if you need help balancing your lines.
      Thank you Richard. Yes the bars have flow control faucets to counter the pressure

Comment

Hi, there will be a CO2 steel bottle contacted with the kegs to supply pressured CO2 to pressure beer out,so the kes pressure is almost stable.

Comment

Working...
        X